Lumia 920 India Confirmation

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone planning to get a good piece of earphone with mic??

Has anyone did any research as in which ones will actually truly work with L920 and how much is it gonna cost?
I am somewhat concerned what quality of music go into my ears :)

Nokia purity earphones are for around 5k in India.. I need to find out how much HTC urbeats cost, I read in few forums that they are also fully compatible with L920.

I just put this question out in the open if at all anyone knows about some other earphones which are fully compatible and are cheaper!!

Hey! Glad to tell you that I'm addict audiophile and I can certainly help you all here.

Alright, I have four headphones that I own (and my roomie owns a WH-920 purity)

1. Klipsch Reference S4 (~5k)

1bc5eb2c_a330aea515bf49ab3c4025d219d0c7e1.jpeg

BEST noise isolation, most comfy ear tips and balanced sound (Bassheads stay away). Best IE headphones for this range.
Even in crappy city buses I can enjoy songs peacefully. This is the awesome level of noise isolation these beasts offer!

NOTE: Klipsch Image S4 available for 4.5k, with same design. Only with more bass.

2. Sennheiser CX300 II precision in-ear (2.8k)

sennheiser_cx_300_II_1.jpg

Awesome for listening while you're lying down or sleeping. These are so small sized that even if you roll over in sleep these will stay put in their place. As expected from sennheiser sound quality is decent. Noise isolation above average. Slightly bassy, and LOUD.

3. Sennheiser MX-470 (1.2k)

MX470_new.jpg

These are not in-ear, but earbud type. Comes with two sized rubber rings for changing its size according to ear size. These also offer good sound quality, but poor noise isolation and your ear may hurt after sometime because it might be bigger for your ears!

4. Sony MDR-XB400 (1.7k)

sony-mdr-xb-headphone.jpg

My recently bought on-ear headphones. This beauty is addicting!!! With thumping bass you'll feel your ears thumping and bumping. So good! These don't do much justice with the treble but boost some higher freqs in your EQ and there you go, perfect headphone for such low price!

5. Monster purity WH-920
Didn't much like these, sound is kind of muffled. But compared to popular headphones such as creative EP-630 it's much better. Buy only if you want only style. Because at this price you have other better alternatives.

I've used all these extensively and have bought only after much research. I don't want my money to go in waste!!

Anyways, last thing remaining. How can you control the playback/volume on first 4 sets?? Answer is simple, don't bother and buy a 'Nokia AD-54' adapter. Bought it from ebay for around INR200/-

Hs-45-1.jpg

It provides with you all the control you need, plus a mic and call answer key. Plug in your headphone, and you have a full-fledged mobile headset. Let me know if you have questions.

Please stay away from Beats. Search through the web and you'll know why.

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
All I care about is that I need a HEADPHONE WITH NOISE CANCELLATION technology. Which is the CHEAPEST HEADPHONES (not earphones) with noise cancellation tech in it ? Oh & ofcourse, earphones cannot have a noise cancellation tech anyways lol

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Eisenbricher did recommend a set of on ear headphones like you are looking for, it was the fourth one on the list.

And in ears do have noise cancellation, at least once you get past the super cheap ones. But I understand your difficulties, not many of them will stay in my ears.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Noise cancellation is over-hyped.
Sony MDR-XB400 offers decent noise isolation (Not active cancellation). I've never tried searching for active noise cancellation headphones because they are expensive, need battery to operate and 'process' sound (I prefer natural sound). So I'll say, good noise isolation is more than enough. I am a daily commuter in Mumbai and I can assure that.

If you purchase some noise cancellation headphone then let me know how it is.

PS: you may look for Creative HN-700. Cheapest noise cancellation headphones I could find.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone planning to get a good piece of earphone with mic??

Has anyone did any research as in which ones will actually truly work with L920 and how much is it gonna cost?

what U want? A headphone or earphone?
I am particularly interested in headphones so will be going to buy Nokia purity WH 930. I tried beats studio but I found them rather more arificial and busting my ears with a lot of bass. I do not much like pop, hip hop and mainly listen to rock bands like LP, maroon 5, nickelback, Coldplay, so excess bass was not my area. I had Nokia 700 with Dolby headphone enhancement which is also there in 920. So together they make awesome music for me. I felt a bit real theatre like sound in it. If U can spend 9k U will get full style + quality headphones. There are similar quality headphones available at lower price too. But I like this one, coz its Nokia........
And yes it comes with active noice cancellation, 2 monster tangle free cables one for windows phones and other for others. Cable has a controler with mic. to voice command, +- keys for volume control, next previous play pause.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm really tired of waiting & opening Nokia India's page & stalking their social network every 30 minutes for any news of Launch date of L920 now...
……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-’”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..”-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..”~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..”~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….”-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……”;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……”~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I checked with a priority dealer in Pune and he said the price will between 30-35k. I specifically asked him 'not 35-40k?' and he said no.

Lets see :)

Nilesh

Ok. I asked the dealer again. He said the phone will be available to buy on 10 Jan. Price between 32-35 and colors available Red, Yellow, White, Black.
Cyan will mostly come later.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
what U want? A headphone or earphone?
I am particularly interested in headphones so will be going to buy Nokia purity WH 930. I tried beats studio but I found them rather more arificial and busting my ears with a lot of bass. I do not much like pop, hip hop and mainly listen to rock bands like LP, maroon 5, nickelback, Coldplay, so excess bass was not my area. I had Nokia 700 with Dolby headphone enhancement which is also there in 920. So together they make awesome music for me. I felt a bit real theatre like sound in it. If U can spend 9k U will get full style + quality headphones. There are similar quality headphones available at lower price too. But I like this one, coz its Nokia........
And yes it comes with active noice cancellation, 2 monster tangle free cables one for windows phones and other for others. Cable has a controler with mic. to voice command, +- keys for volume control, next previous play pause.

I am looking for earphones in particular, no headphones for me.. Its a bit too much for me to take care of while I travel...Though I am using a Creative Tactic 3D Alpha at home.. and they are damn good.. love them..

Tactic3D-alpha-1.jpg

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Its already 1st week of Jan and ending in 3 days,, but no sign of any invitation to media persons. I guess this is not their first week.
Oh Nokia India! Love the Way you Lie........

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I asked the dealer again. He said the phone will be available to buy on 10 Jan. Price between 32-35 and colors available Red, Yellow, White, Black.
Cyan will mostly come later.

So, Nokia is launching it on Jan 4th or not ? Nokia should at least tell us the price on 4th .. I hope Nokia at least releases on 10th. :unhappysweat:

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey! Glad to tell you that I'm addict audiophile and I can certainly help you all here.

Alright, I have four headphones that I own (and my roomie owns a WH-920 purity)

1. Klipsch Reference S4 (~5k)

View attachment 25976

BEST noise isolation, most comfy ear tips and balanced sound (Bassheads stay away). Best IE headphones for this range.
Even in crappy city buses I can enjoy songs peacefully. This is the awesome level of noise isolation these beasts offer!

NOTE: Klipsch Image S4 available for 4.5k, with same design. Only with more bass.

2. Sennheiser CX300 II precision in-ear (2.8k)

View attachment 25977

Awesome for listening while you're lying down or sleeping. These are so small sized that even if you roll over in sleep these will stay put in their place. As expected from sennheiser sound quality is decent. Noise isolation above average. Slightly bassy, and LOUD.

3. Sennheiser MX-470 (1.2k)

View attachment 25978

These are not in-ear, but earbud type. Comes with two sized rubber rings for changing its size according to ear size. These also offer good sound quality, but poor noise isolation and your ear may hurt after sometime because it might be bigger for your ears!

4. Sony MDR-XB400 (1.7k)

View attachment 25979

My recently bought on-ear headphones. This beauty is addicting!!! With thumping bass you'll feel your ears thumping and bumping. So good! These don't do much justice with the treble but boost some higher freqs in your EQ and there you go, perfect headphone for such low price!

5. Monster purity WH-920
Didn't much like these, sound is kind of muffled. But compared to popular headphones such as creative EP-630 it's much better. Buy only if you want only style. Because at this price you have other better alternatives.

I've used all these extensively and have bought only after much research. I don't want my money to go in waste!!

Anyways, last thing remaining. How can you control the playback/volume on first 4 sets?? Answer is simple, don't bother and buy a 'Nokia AD-54' adapter. Bought it from ebay for around INR200/-

View attachment 25980

It provides with you all the control you need, plus a mic and call answer key. Plug in your headphone, and you have a full-fledged mobile headset. Let me know if you have questions.

Please stay away from Beats. Search through the web and you'll know why.

Hmmmm... this AD-54 adapter is good option and will save alot on expensive not so good earphones with mic.. but am guessing the wire(s) will become too lengthy to handle.. and I also have doubts of them working with Lumia 920 ....

I have used the new Klipsch Image S4a... they are fabulous.. and the new ones have that flat tangle free wires.. and a 3 button remote if I remember correctly.. till now what I have heard is that all andorid headsets works well with Lumia 920...

I am currently using a Klipsch Image S3 which are very decent.. and I also have a CX-485 in stock (waiting for S3 to expire... which it will do soon). I have used a CX-400 before till it went dead.. so I know what CX series is all about..they are bass driven but they don't dampen other notes that much .. so overall I like them..

But I particularly liked the new earpods from Apple.. they are real good for the price (surprised? Apple product and bang for the buck.. together.. in the same sentence).. its for 2k and they sound fab.. unfortunately the mic won't be compatible with any non-iProduct.

For now I might purchase the adapter (if they work with L920) and use it with my CX-485... and if need arises I will go for Klipsch S4a later..

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm... this AD-54 adapter is good option and will save alot on expensive not so good earphones with mic.. but am guessing the wire(s) will become too lengthy to handle.. and I also have doubts of them working with Lumia 920 ....

I have used the new Klipsch Image S4a... they are fabulous.. and the new ones have that flat tangle free wires.. and a 3 button remote if I remember correctly.. till now what I have heard is that all andorid headsets works well with Lumia 920...

I am currently using a Klipsch Image S3 which are very decent.. and I also have a CX-485 in stock (waiting for S3 to expire... which it will do soon). I have used a CX-400 before till it went dead.. so I know what CX series is all about..they are bass driven but they don't dampen other notes that much .. so overall I like them..

But I particularly liked the new earpods from Apple.. they are real good for the price (surprised? Apple product and bang for the buck.. together.. in the same sentence).. its for 2k and they sound fab.. unfortunately the mic won't be compatible with any non-iProduct.

For now I might purchase the adapter (if they work with L920) and use it with my CX-485... and if need arises I will go for Klipsch S4a later..
I think they will work. Will confirm that when I get my hands on new Lumia!

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I can predict that in-spite of launching the device late, Nokia India will not provide us with free Wireless charger, they will charge us extra for it & we will have to buy it separately, I can vouch on this. Nokia India are becoming MONEY HUNGRY people now I swear. I can say they will price the phone more than 38k & also charge us for the Wireless charger. Anyways, on 7th January I will get a check of $100 = Rs.5400 approx from adsense because I just passed the $100 limit from youtube views LOL, HURRAY !
So with this money I will buy the wireless charger & I need a NOISE CANCELLATION WIRELESS HEADPHONE under Rs.3000/- Please advice me friends :D

a big
┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂┈┈┈
▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂▏┈┈

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I can predict that in-spite of launching the device late, Nokia India will not provide us with free Wireless charger, they will charge us extra for it & we will have to buy it separately, I can vouch on this. Nokia India are becoming MONEY HUNGRY people now I swear. I can say they will price the phone more than 38k & also charge us for the Wireless charger. Anyways, on 7th January I will get a check of $100 = Rs.5400 approx from adsense because I just passed the $100 limit from youtube views LOL, HURRAY !
So with this money I will buy the wireless charger & I need a NOISE CANCELLATION WIRELESS HEADPHONE under Rs.3000/- Please advice me friends :D

a big
┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕┈┈┈┈┈┈
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂┈┈┈
▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏┈┈
▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂▏┈┈

Dude, practically every Headphone is cancelling noise when u will insert it in a 920. So better buy a good headphone with optimum quality. BTW, active noise cancellation is a thing almost impossible in wireless headphones. You hv to compromise with sound quality in those.
I am still confused if u want in ear or on ear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750