Lumia 920 India Confirmation

krishna6233

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
First impression matters!! everybody felt WOW when they used the capacitive touch screen androids including me at that time.compared my brother's 5800xpress music to a friend's optimus P500.thought the touch was better because it was android n later came to know that the difference was felt because f the resistive touch in 5800!!
how on earth nokia thought a phone will sell without having bluetooth file sharing in it?? when the lowest s40 had it!!! n added to that the absence f memory card.
according to me 510 is absolute waste f money with the 2.8GB usable memory!!! Nokia is luring ppl to buy with its 5mp AF camera n big screen.atleast 8GB on board storage should b there for w7phones

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Highly impossible.. its the first source confirming Cyan for India.. and no Red & Yellow.. and its also the first source to say this weekend launch.. while everyone is saying mid-Jan launch..

I am not expecting Nokia to launch it without a bang.. thats another story that till now there has been nothing from Nokia apart from 'coming soon'

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
No man...i wish...******* got it for himself..700$ that is close to 38K...
He is in love. He is a hardcore Apple ****** BTW..

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
Got some hands-on? Let us know your thoughts if you did.

This is what happens when they launch a product late after the announcement. I am planning to buy L920 this month and rumors started for the new version of it already . NOKIA ..I hate this.

Nokia working on an aluminum body for the Lumia line? | Windows Phone Central
Indeed! But you should go with Current Lumia. It'll keep getting updates for a long time, and already it's a decent phone. Also, this phone will take much time to be revealed, let alone the launch in India!

By the way Lumia without a polycarbonate body feels kind of letdown. Fat design with absolute premium feel (and that meaty heft)... oh I love all those virtues of Lumia design!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Got some hands-on? Let us know your thoughts if you did.

Indeed! But you should go with Current Lumia. It'll keep getting updates for a long time, and already it's a decent phone. Also, this phone will take much time to be revealed, let alone the launch in India!

By the way Lumia without a polycarbonate body feels kind of letdown. Fat design with absolute premium feel (and that meaty heft)... oh I love all those virtues of Lumia design!

Sure I will..he is my best friend...he stays in Laos. I will ask him everything I can...

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is what happens when they launch a product late after the announcement. I am planning to buy L920 this month and rumors started for the new version of it already . NOKIA ..I hate this.

Lakshman I can empathize with you :p We are waiting for existing flagship and you already get the news for a new one.... But it may take more than 6 months and may be one year for us to have this aluminum one in our hands... I'm sure not going to wait for that one. Interestingly, I would have bought L900 had they not announced wp 8 and other incompatibility issues... Good that they delayed its launch in India. But I'm not appreciating L 920 delayed launch.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site

aluminium lumia is what not made for india. I am using Nokia from a long time. They used to put aluminium battery cover in their phones. And what happens is it catches a lot of scratches, dust and whats more, i live in Rajasthan, in summers it expands a little bit and in Cold winters it shrinks, so ultimately it become loose and easily slip out making my phone naked. I know The next Lumia will also be unibody, but still some issues will be there. I believe polycarbonate is the best ever material to make mobile phones. They are more durable, beautiful.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
aluminium lumia is what not made for india. I am using Nokia from a long time. They used to put aluminium battery cover in their phones. And what happens is it catches a lot of scratches, dust and whats more, i live in Rajasthan, in summers it expands a little bit and in Cold winters it shrinks, so ultimately it become loose and easily slip out making my phone naked. I know The next Lumia will also be unibody, but still some issues will be there. I believe polycarbonate is the best ever material to make mobile phones. They are more durable, beautiful.
Aluminium battery cover? In which models? I use E5 and its battery cover is made of Stainless Steel. Sometimes I feel that SS is great alternative for Aluminium, because that battery cover looks gorgeous! But no, it'll be way more heavy.

BTW I'm agree with use of polycarbonate. They certainly shouldn't ditch polycarbonate.

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Lakshman I can empathize with you :p We are waiting for existing flagship and you already get the news for a new one.... But it may take more than 6 months and may be one year for us to have this aluminum one in our hands... I'm sure not going to wait for that one. Interestingly, I would have bought L900 had they not announced wp 8 and other incompatibility issues... Good that they delayed its launch in India. But I'm not appreciating L 920 delayed launch.

Although I know this aluminium thing shall appear later this year; still somewhere in my mind it bothers me. It bothers because I don't have current L920 in my hand. And it bothers me big time.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
January first week has come to an end today. No news of launch yet... another weekend of hopelessness Nokia... Does Nokia ever stick to what they say for launches?

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
January first week has come to an end today. No news of launch yet... another weekend of hopelessness Nokia... Does Nokia ever stick to what they say for launches?
Haha! If you manage to chat with Nokia support, just bash them and try to take out some info if possible. I was going to, but I think they have closed their live chat system.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've written a very harsh mail to Nokia India yesterday. No reply as of yet. :(
Never mind they will have the same reply... "At this time we are unable to... blah blah......" It neither has a tone or message that would help the customer's anguish. It is worded to remain politically neutral. The only good thing is at least they do reply to your mail... try that with Samsung. I was never lucky enough :p

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Although I know this aluminium thing shall appear later this year; still somewhere in my mind it bothers me. It bothers because I don't have current L920 in my hand. And it bothers me big time.

+1 to that. Why should I buy a L920 when next version is already rumored? and the next version is not a small change, completely overall body change. I I am fine if these rumors are coming after L920 has been launched in all countries properly.

Whats even Nokia thinking about? and Aluminum is not for India? I think Nokia takes cares about that part. I

You can never predict Nokia because they announced L920 less than 6 months of releasing L900.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It looks beautiful --> YES. But will i not buy the 920 coz of this--> NO!!
Why would i wait for something that's not even been confirmed by the company (its a rumor afaik) and which would not be here atleast for next 10-12 months! Heck, i don't even know what i would be doing a couple of months down the line.
I for one believe more in living in the present. Of course, if its launch would be happening in say April/May even I would have waited...something i did in the case of L920 (and i want that yellow)! But, for a product that's not even been mentioned by the company, not doing/owning what you want right now is not something i agree with.

Anyway to each his/her own!

Coming back to Lumia 920 India launch, a friend of mine just got a call from Nokia. He was told that both 920 & 820 are launching on 6th and would be up for sale immediately. Also, 820 would be around 28K and L920 would be between 32-35K. He also asked them about what the Nokia Priority Dealers have been saying regarding the launch & price (14th Jan & 38-40K) to which they replied that it's not true and the Priority Dealers do not have the correct and updated info.
I wish Nokia does something different this time, creates a hype so that people anticipate a price tag of 35 - 37K and launch it at 30K!! And suddenly it would become an amazing deal.
Anyhow @33K with a free wireless charger...I am game.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo