Lumia 920 India Confirmation

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
It looks beautiful --> YES. But will i not buy the 920 coz of this--> NO!!
Why would i wait for something that's not even been confirmed by the company (its a rumor afaik) and which would not be here atleast for next 10-12 months! Heck, i don't even know what i would be doing a couple of months down the line.
I for one believe more in living in the present. Of course, if its launch would be happening in say April/May even I would have waited...something i did in the case of L920 (and i want that yellow)! But, for a product that's not even been mentioned by the company, not doing/owning what you want right now is not something i agree with.

Anyway to each his/her own!

Coming back to Lumia 920 India launch, a friend of mine just got a call from Nokia. He was told that both 920 & 820 are launching on 6th and would be up for sale immediately. Also, 820 would be around 28K and L920 would be between 32-35K. He also asked them about what the Nokia Priority Dealers have been saying regarding the launch & price (14th Jan & 38-40K) to which they replied that it's not true and the Priority Dealers do not have the correct and updated info.
I wish Nokia does something different this time, creates a hype so that people anticipate a price tag of 35 - 37K and launch it at 30K!! And suddenly it would become an amazing deal.
Anyhow @33K with a free wireless charger...I am game.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Thats a good news...... Waiting for Sunday then

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Coming back to Lumia 920 India launch, a friend of mine just got a call from Nokia. He was told that both 920 & 820 are launching on 6th and would be up for sale immediately. Also, 820 would be around 28K and L920 would be between 32-35K. He also asked them about what the Nokia Priority Dealers have been saying regarding the launch & price (14th Jan & 38-40K) to which they replied that it's not true and the Priority Dealers do not have the correct and updated info.
I wish Nokia does something different this time, creates a hype so that people anticipate a price tag of 35 - 37K and launch it at 30K!! And suddenly it would become an amazing deal.

If THAT is true I will be happier than ever!

Fingers crossed.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Why we always have to learn about the launch from some friend of ours? Not to question anyone's know how about it, but why Nokia is not stating a sure shot date. No date and pricing from Nokia would always leave customers to their own guesses. When would Nokia learn something from Apple? Again why Nokia doesn't have proper roll-out strategy for their devices? In spite of all this I still don't know why we die for their products (including me), when they really don't seem to care much about our money :p

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Why would i wait for something that's not even been confirmed by the company (its a rumor afaik) and which would not be here atleast for next 10-12 months! Heck, i don't even know what i would be doing a couple of months down the line.
I for one believe more in living in the present. Of course, if its launch would be happening in say April/May even I would have waited...something i did in the case of L920 (and i want that yellow)! But, for a product that's not even been mentioned by the company, not doing/owning what you want right now is not something i agree with.

Oh no, I had got a call from Nokia too but on December 22nd, 2012 & asked me if I wanted to book the device as the Demo pieces of L920 were available in Mumbai since December 10, 2012, but I am not booking it because once book, you have to pay FULL PRICE at the launch, which then I will not have the freedom to ask in the market & get it for lowest price possible. So I told them I will wait till launch & then buy it once it is available in the market, & ****, I have got some top notch BIG Nokia Dealers contacts, so once they get it they will keep 1 out separate for me of my choice which is yellow or Red. So there is no threat of shortage of device from my end. I will get it once it is Launched :p
Sorry guys but I got contacts I cannot help others in this matter !

Sameer Dhere

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh no, I had got a call from Nokia too but on December 22nd, 2012 & asked me if I wanted to book the device as the Demo pieces of L920 were available in Mumbai since December 10, 2012, but I am not booking it because once book, you have to pay FULL PRICE at the launch, which then I will not have the freedom to ask in the market & get it for lowest price possible. So I told them I will wait till launch & then buy it once it is available in the market, & ****, I have got some top notch BIG Nokia Dealers contacts, so once they get it they will keep 1 out separate for me of my choice which is yellow or Red. So there is no threat of shortage of device from my end. I will get it once it is Launched :p
Sorry guys but I got contacts I cannot help others in this matter !

Well if you have got contacts can you find exact details about the launch and pricing?
That would be more than helpful. :)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Well if you have got contacts can you find exact details about the launch and pricing?
That would be more than helpful. :)
Let me tell you the truth, each dealer has his own information & rumors & assumptions for launching of the device, non of which are sure, they be Nokia Priority or Nokia Dealers. Exact date can be finalized by Nokia only no dealer, I repeat no dealer has information about Launch, any & all information you will get from Tech blogs & other are just rum rumors & assumptions only. Well Atleast I will have the device safely & no threat of shortage once it is released :D

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,
I have been silently stalking this forum and web for the past few days, i am a huge fan of nokia today when i was browsing i came up on a link,
it literally shocked me
'Nokia to stop selling mobiles from this year'
i'av been waitin 4 L920 and this came up which totally ruined my mood to buy the phone.:unhappysweat:
Sponsored Article by an Investors... 100% useless... Nokia did sell its infrastructure divisions to Huawei but that was due to lack of Funds. Nokia now has come up & grown & have for a VERY POSITIVE response for the Lumia Phones & has a great comeback. This News is totally fake so DON'T YOU WORRY MY FRIEND. Nokia has & will always be making new AWESOME Innovation of technology in Smartphones each year.

Padmasali

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,
I have been silently stalking this forum and web for the past few days, i am a huge fan of nokia today when i was browsing i came up on a link,
it literally shocked me
'Nokia to stop selling mobiles from this year'
i'av been waitin 4 L920 and this came up which totally ruined my mood to buy the phone.:unhappysweat:

This news totally nonsense... WPcentral all ready made a Article about this, read it Some guy says Nokia will abandon smartphone biz. Media has nothing better to report on.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,
it literally shocked me
http://www.themobileindian.com/news/10015_Nokia-to-stop-selling-mobiles-from-this-year

comon man, its just a prediction by some ******* guy from forbs, and u got trapped. See wpcentral gave it 1 on rumometer . And How the **** can a multi billion company comes to sudden end when its has many many ways to survive and become top again. These forbes guys are nuts, their review of 920 is also a ****. Dont know why they r doing it but its sure, we do not have to give a **** to them....

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Sponsored Article by an Investors... 100% useless... Nokia did sell its infrastructure divisions to Huawei but that was due to lack of Funds. Nokia now has come up & grown & have for a VERY POSITIVE response for the Lumia Phones & has a great comeback. This News is totally fake so DON'T YOU WORRY MY FRIEND. Nokia has & will always be making new AWESOME Innovation of technology in Smartphones each year.

you r right, they sold it to concentrate on R&D department, not construction....

Abhishek M

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

I so hope what you are saying turns out to be true!
btw if people are buying it from Mumbai,we could post the best deals we are getting here.

@anirudha did your friend manage to ask about the dealers who would be having the phone first? and just how did your friend manage to contact Nokia directly?

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I so hope what you are saying turns out to be true!
btw if people are buying it from Mumbai,we could post the best deals we are getting here.

@anirudha did your friend manage to ask about the dealers who would be having the phone first? and just how did your friend manage to contact Nokia directly?

I think he had sent a mail to Nokia and got a call back from their end. Anyhow, I'll just wait for the launch to happen rather than trusting any other info!
Even then, i open all related websites almost every hour to check for updates :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb