Crazy battery drain outta nowhere :(

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So today I'm at work right now and my battery is draining itself fast. I had it on airplane and it still went 15% in a hour. No new apps, except the update for metrotube which I have blocked for background tasks.

No Skype no Nokia drive. Battery isn't hot either. Don't know what is going on.

Raduc78

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, it could be the some rouge process got stock in the background or a bad update of the Metrotube app, I would suggest you restart your phone and if that don't do it uninstall Metrotube and then re-install it again.

Hope that helps.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalled metrotube and soft reset.

10% gone in a half hour. I'm down to 20% now. Looks like its just going to die. Nothing I can do to stop it. I really hope this is just some weird glitch and it doesn't come back.

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine as well. I am not a heavy app user and the only change since the battery has been draining more quickly was the extras+info update that came this week. I am on version 1.6.1.62.

DropPass

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I was getting excellent battery life too (only 30-40% used in 12 hours)! Until early this week when the Battery Level app was updated. Now it is using 70-80% of the battery life in that same time span with no more usage than normal. That's the only thing I can attribute it to.

Fortunately I am not seeing the severe drains you folks are reporting.

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I was getting excellent battery life too (only 30-40% used in 12 hours)! Until early this week when the Battery Level app was updated. Now it is using 70-80% of the battery life in that same time span with no more usage than normal. That's the only thing I can attribute it to.

Fortunately I am not seeing the severe drains you folks are reporting.

Actually, I forgot about that battery app update this week. Perhaps it was not the extras+info but that one. I can say that mine is not terrible but it is definitely more noticeable than before.

tom_e

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I finally got the battery fine, but then it started draining to nothing in 8 hours.

Turn of wifi, they totally messed something up where its on all the time. Battery is now at 70% after 1.5 days.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem hit me out of nowhere my 4th day out of nowhere (no update/changes). I did a soft reset and (knock on wood) it hasn't re-appeared since.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep - same symptoms here too, with the Battery Level App also.
Guess I have to uninstall it.
Went from 100 to 66% in a little over 90 minutes with no phone calls.

rstrube

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I've also had this happen to me occasionally. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to be some sort of rouge process that "takes off". I also notice that when this happens the phone gets much warmer to the touch. My solution for now is to always make sure to spam the back button to close down everything when I'm done with the phone. This at least will close all of the apps I have open, which will eliminate the possibility of one of the apps continuing to run in the background. This might be purely a placebo effect, but I haven't run into the battery drain issue since I've started using this approach.

tom_e

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've also had this happen to me occasionally. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to be some sort of rouge process that "takes off". I also notice that when this happens the phone gets much warmer to the touch. My solution for now is to always make sure to spam the back button to close down everything when I'm done with the phone. This at least will close all of the apps I have open, which will eliminate the possibility of one of the apps continuing to run in the background. This might be purely a placebo effect, but I haven't run into the battery drain issue since I've started using this approach.

My battery drain had no background apps, nor any tiles set to update. It purely was resolved by disabling wifi.

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine too. I was having such good battery life and now i noticed my weather.com live tile didnt update from last night until i opened the app and the battery is draining faster than usual :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05