miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
does Skype work for you?

I must say it worked for me after re-installing it, but after some time it stopped notifying me of a new messages, calls, etc.
Do you have any informations when can we expect a stable version?

epsilon212

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Same issue. It's buggy. It happens when I go from having a 4g signal to Wi-Fi connection. It seems that the phone does not handle the transition well. For now, a restart seems to fix it.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone about 5 days ago so I still haven't downloaded skype yet. Is it safe to download skype? I remember in the beginning skype was causing many people to have reboots and stuff. So Im kinda scared to download it

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Updates will come. Be patient.

I know it will, but it's not good to publish a new windows phone 8 handsets with so many bugs and such a lack of apps. Better to publish it a little later so everything would work out of the box.
That's why I bought WP8, because it worked out of the box on every YouTube WP8 commercial.

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
2 months later Microsoft will say Skype will work perfectly in Windows Phone 9

LOL, hope not :D

But I really bought my 8X because Microsoft promised that Skype will be integrated and working like a charm + there will be a Nokia navi on all WP8 handsets. For now, I'm an idiot.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm aggravated with this two. It is still beta, however. Not that MS shouldn't have had the full version out with WP8 launch, but still.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
"We're working on it" is not a great experience, and Microsoft has REALLY dropped the ball on this.

I wouldn't touch the Skype app until it's out of "Beta." And Microsoft should really get more resources at Skype working on WP8 development.

madmoondog

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine works mostly fine, but not good enough. I agree, it should have launched as a gold release with windows 8 phone, I mean really its not like Microsoft doesn't own Skype or anything!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077