segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Tried a video chat the other day and it didn't work. It kept handing up or if connected my video was working but not so much on the other side. Is it true Skype drains your battery in the background? If that is the case I should uninstall it or I wonder if disabling notifications means it won't run in the background. I know its in beta and man when it works great I cannot wait. Looks nice though when someone is calling lol.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just updated skype today, may 14th 2013.
I still do not get any notification if someone calls me or chat with me. Status is online however? Does not work even if I start skype and then press windos button to go to home screen. In my case on my L920 it only works when I have Skype on screen, then I can talk and chatt ?
Is it so supposed to be or can I do something to make it real "online" so skype wakes up when somebody calls me or chatt with me ?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just updated skype today, may 14th 2013.
I still do not get any notification if someone calls me or chat with me. Status is online however? Does not work even if I start skype and then press windos button to go to home screen. In my case on my L920 it only works when I have Skype on screen, then I can talk and chatt ?
Is it so supposed to be or can I do something to make it real "online" so skype wakes up when somebody calls me or chatt with me ?

Yes. It is supposed to work how you think it should work, in the background. Ensure battery saver is turned off.

Esterni

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The issue I have with skype is making calls - I can dial out, but as soon as I hit call the screen is switched off, and refuses to come back on. Very annoying, as I always used to use skype for calls to 08** numbers...

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It is supposed to work how you think it should work, in the background. Ensure battery saver is turned off.

I just turned off battery saver, restared my Lumia 920 started skype, pressed windows button and asked friend to call me on skype. I did not hear a thing ? and there is no note what so ever about missed call ?
Any solutions to this problem with skype ?

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just turned off battery saver, restared my Lumia 920 started skype, pressed windows button and asked friend to call me on skype. I did not hear a thing ? and there is no note what so ever about missed call ?
Any solutions to this problem with skype ?

Uninstalled skype, Installed skype once again, first question after I log in, do you want messages to be shown while skype is in background, I choose YES and now I get messages and calls even if I am not on skype..... now it works.

Pakhtun

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I don't know but my wife and I both have windows phone. we both are able to make Skype calls to each other and it works beautifully. Is there any setting info I can pass along for you all to compare with? I have had no problems or issues with it. Let me know how I can help.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I don't know but my wife and I both have windows phone. we both are able to make Skype calls to each other and it works beautifully. Is there any setting info I can pass along for you all to compare with? I have had no problems or issues with it. Let me know how I can help.

Can you turn Skype notifications on and off ? If I chat on PC I do not notifications for every sentence on L920 too ? But I need to turn it on when I leave my PC.

Pakhtun

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Can you turn Skype notifications on and off ? If I chat on PC I do not notifications for every sentence on L920 too ? But I need to turn it on when I leave my PC.

Although this is not mentioned on this forum nor do I think Notifications are an issue but you would want that on to know when someone either sends you a message/calls you etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss