Need Phone Contacts Help, New To Phone

jlabruno

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello All

Just got the Lumia 920 my first windows phone and need some help. I want to add a bunch of phone number contacts to my phone. Then when I go to the phone button and hit the little button that brings up people have it show all my phone contacts. However they never show up. It either wil show all my facebook contacts or ask me to setup an account which then says i am adding a hotmail account. Anyway to add a bunch of my phone contacts and have them in there own section on the phone that I can see and dial out from?

Thanks for your time.

adroit9

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you set up a Microsoft/Hotmail/Google account on your phone? If you haven't, then you should. After that, go to the People app, click the + button (new contact) on the bottom, and it'll ask for which account you'd like to save the contact to, such as Microsoft or Google account. Then add in the contact info, save it, rinse and repeat for all your contacts.

Unless of course you've had an Android phone, then you can just add your Google account and sync all your contacts over automatically.

EDIT: Also, as an extra bit of info, if you've got a whole bunch of accounts with their own set of contacts, such as Facebook contacts, Twitter contacts, and so on, you can go to the People Hub, contacts list, and filter which accounts you'd like to see contacts for ("..." icon on bottom, settings). Like, say, only display Google or Microsoft contacts in the People Hub, so when you go to the phone dialer and hit the people icon, it'll only show those contacts, instead of Facebook friends.

Whereupon

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
the problem with filtering is that the contacts are still there...they just don't show up without searching. As an example, if I have 'home' as a contact, on my Bluetooth I can say "call home" and it will call my house. However, if I have a Facebook or Google contact named, let's say Karl Rome, sometimes it will decide to call him instead. If I filter out Facebook, it doesn't show his contact anymore, but it will still mistakenly call him. In the effort to make things 'easy', they've sadly taken away any fine-grained control. I can't just remove Karl Rome's contact...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)