Whatsapp is back on wp8

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Kik and it's been keeping me and my old iOS associates connected quite well. Does Whatsapp do anything different?

If you have friends who use kik already then its good. But mostly I have Droid friends and whatsapp is popular due to free option. iOS lot jumped to kik and viber because whatsapp was 99p.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Tried that. Its not easy to move about 30-35 people to a totally new IM client. Plus to give the reason "because it sucks on my WP"?
Functions are missing compared to other platforms' WhatsApp, and on WP7 devices the app is slow as ****, literally the slowest out of all my WP7 apps.
But I understand that it's still popular because most people use it instead of others, I just hope it will transition over at one point.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Functions are missing compared to other platforms' WhatsApp, and on WP7 devices the app is slow as ****, literally the slowest out of all my WP7 apps.
But I understand that it's still popular because most people use it instead of others, I just hope it will transition over at one point.

Or even if current WLM/Fb chat becomes robust at slower 2g connections and allows offline messaging - no one will ever want any new IM client!

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
When receiving a toast notification, I see only a blank white screen. Need to pres Windows button -> Whatsapp -> Open conversation to see the new message. Is it that hard to make an app without such a stupid bugs?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
When receiving a toast notification, I see only a blank white screen. Need to pres Windows button -> Whatsapp -> Open conversation to see the new message. Is it that hard to make an app without such a stupid bugs?

Doesn't happen to me. When I get a toast, I get a toast.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
My emoji icons are no longer there, have to use the inbuilt keyboard ones, and new version seems to be draining my battery at a rate of knots. Anyone else having this, whats wrong with this app, it keeps getting pulled from the store then re released and its getting worse not better!

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, one strange observation:

Yes battery drain is quite bad, about twice as fast as with the earlier version of WhatsApp.

But I've also noticed that it seems my battery charges much faster now too.

Is it possible that WhatsApp has somehow messed up now the OS reads the battery life?

Hiro2

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Eh, I installed it as soon as it came out, I do get toasts, tile works, profile picture is set, not sure about battery drain...

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it looks like they are still using that scam way of the music playback hack to keep a connection open. That's what is draining battery.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, one strange observation:

Yes battery drain is quite bad, about twice as fast as with the earlier version of WhatsApp.

But I've also noticed that it seems my battery charges much faster now too.

Is it possible that WhatsApp has somehow messed up now the OS reads the battery life?

Aaah I thought I was going crazy :) I noticed the exact same thing. My phone charges so much faster till 100%, it doesn't seem real almost. And yes, it depletes faster too. But after installing Stop The Music and using it after I stop using Whatsapp it stops the drain. Bad update..... really bad update!!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft needs to pull these thugs from the Store until they figure out how to write for WP properly. There is NO EXCUSE for using the streaming API in this app.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I wish people would stop comparing it to the IOS and android version and compare the performance to the previous WhatsApp we had on WP...If you want it to work as it does on IOS and Android, then go buy one of those phones!

That reeks of Microsoft ass-kissing. Really man, really? It's obvious whatsapp has issues that need to be dealt with. And if people were to leave because of why you told them to leave you'd probably be complaining about them leaving because of one specific app saying it shouldn't be reason enough for them to leave, yet it was you telling them to leave because of this app.

K Rad

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone has an issue with getting the contact numbers from the phonebook? :( That's my biggest issue - it simply doesn't happen!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the phone number need to be in your primary account, not facebook or others.

Well now that's just stupid... They have a full phonebook, I'm sure the APIs allow for you to grab numbers from the phonebook regardless of source... Unless I haven't a clue how the Chooser works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05