who has a Samsung Ativ S???

Terry Carter

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I got one & i love it! Got if from Nergi Electronics. Its unlocked and only cost $589.50. Works great its very fast, but i am having problems sending & receiving picture text. I dont believe its Samsung's fault i am sure its in the apn settings. Just cant figure out how to get them set right . Net10 is not helping fix the problem. I switched from Att and started using net10/straight talk. The internet works just fine can search any web site i wont. Email works great also, So i just can understand why it will not send & receive picture text, But great phone!!
update: I got my problem fixed. Come to find out all about the Samsung Ativ s will pick and add all the right APNs and mms settings as soon as you put in the sim card. Since i am using net10/straight talk which use either Att towers or T mobile towers all i had to do was tweak the settings a little with the ones net10 gave me inside the att apn settings. Now my picture text work just fine! I love this Samsung Ativ S phone the internet is blistering fast & WOW the screen shows great videos & pictures. I say to everyone get this phone!

Last edited:

Axmed Amin

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
hi i need some help aswell on my new samsung ativ s. i cant download some apps because i need to setup my family settings first. the thing is i dont know how to do this. any help please.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
hi i need some help aswell on my new samsung ativ s. i cant download some apps because i need to setup my family settings first. the thing is i dont know how to do this. any help please.

You have to go on the windows phone website sign in with an adult account and if your not 18 or over put in the adult account then add your email/account do this by selecting from a drop down box family setting or something similar for allowing apps and games you want to install.

Last edited:

briancook451

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone so far except that I can't use the in ear style ear buds that come with the phone so I have a pair of apple headphones and when on a phone call the person I am talking to cannot hear me but I can hear them, does anyone know how to fix that?

NikosNx

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I love the phone so far except that I can't use the in ear style ear buds that come with the phone so I have a pair of apple headphones and when on a phone call the person I am talking to cannot hear me but I can hear them, does anyone know how to fix that?
I think it's a matter of incompatibility. You cannot use all hands free headphones with all smartphone devices.

NikosNx

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Also, as for the sound, it's headphones that come with the package that are of poor quality. I noticed that and tried my older samsung headphones (from GS 2) with very good results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro