How do you save a .jpg attachment from an email?

Old Ag

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
So my wife just bought this Nokia 920. Lots of the features are obvious or covered in the owners manual etc. However, the simple task of saving a .jpg from an email is not so obvious. The manual gives the steps, but in the phone, when you select the photo or press the ... there are no options for saving the photo. The manual says only certain types of attachments can be saved. Have they not implemented this functionality? I ended up having to open up the email through the web on my "ancient, outdated, going out of business" Blackberry, then Bluetooth'd it to the 920. What gives?
-Old Ag

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey Old Ag.

So attachments show up right under the "to" heading in an email. You tap it and it will download. Once downloaded the icon will go from showing a paperclip to a picture. Click it to open the picture. You should now be seeing the pic in a full screen view. Bottom right has three dots, click those dots to bring up the menu and you should see an option to 'save to phone'. Hit that and the picture should show up in your 'saved pictures' album. Hope that helped!

Old Ag

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Old Ag.

So attachments show up right under the "to" heading in an email. You tap it and it will download. Once downloaded the icon will go from showing a paperclip to a picture. Click it to open the picture. You should now be seeing the pic in a full screen view. Bottom right has three dots, click those dots to bring up the menu and you should see an option to 'save to phone'. Hit that and the picture should show up in your 'saved pictures' album. Hope that helped!

Sam,

Thanks for the quick reply.

So it works up to the point of opening the image within the email. You can double click and it zooms. However, under the three dots there are only the options to toggle the flag, mark as unread or move. There are no options for saving and it doesn't appear in the downloaded photos folder.

I can't find any saving option.

Any other ideas?

Old Ag

Old Ag

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I have figured this one out. The photo I received was embedded in the email. It seems embedded images can't be saved. I resent the image as an attachment and I had the option to save. So it's an attached vs. embedded issue..

Old Ag

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
pressing and holding your finger on the image long enough for a menu to pop up and "save to phone" or "set as lock screen" doesn't happen for you?

Old Ag

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Pressing and holding the image did nothing. Double tapping the image would enlarge it. No options related to the image show up under the three dots. Note that this was an embedded photo. When resent as an attachment, the saving functionality worked as expected.

Old Ag

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
same issue here. Gotta admit saving pics from almost any app is natural for me with my previous phone. I would like to have that, AND sending pdf attachments in emails being simple.

But my gripes are small. I'm amazed at how good this WP8 is already. Its sure to only get better.

Old Ag

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
same issue here. Gotta admit saving pics from almost any app is natural for me with my previous phone. I would like to have that, AND sending pdf attachments in emails being simple.

But my gripes are small. I'm amazed at how good this WP8 is already. Its sure to only get better.

Agreed. Its just a matter of the fine polish that OS's get as they mature over time. I have no doubt that Microsoft will continue to improve things and add functionality.

Old Ag

Maximus2326

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a similar question about attachments, but mine has to do with the ability to download the attachment.
When someones sends me emails from their phone of a picture they might have taken in the format "2013-02-04-089.jpg" , I cant seem to download the picture.
Only 2013-02-04-089.jpg is selectable and then my phone thinks its a phone number and tries to dial the number 2013-02-04-089.

Any ideas? I have a lumia 920 btw.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon