Lumia 920 dissassembly and re-assembly video

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I know a few people were getting the official matte gray case to swap. The case itself is not that hard.

Also of note, the heat that we feel on the upper back if the phone is not coming from the battery at all, but rather the copper heat sink that's right above the camera module.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This is great. I'm glad this was finally posted because, as a Rogers customer, I had to get black. Now we can see that replacing the outer shell isn't too bad at all. Replacing it might also fix the slight creek/flex in the casing.

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
This is great. I'm glad this was finally posted because, as a Rogers customer, I had to get black. Now we can see that replacing the outer shell isn't too bad at all. Replacing it might also fix the slight creek/flex in the casing.

This. Only question is - where do we get the OEM phone shell for the 920?

nic comino

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Incredible. Since I am now waiting for my third Lumia 920, it was good to see inside and understand what may have been happening. Thanks for the video.

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The top-left corner near proximity sensor some times get pretty hot for seemingly no apparent reasons.

It seems that this is caused by the DRAM. Has anyone had this problem?

I am not sure why the DRAM would get so hot, but it looks like there's a good sized copper heatsink.

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Being able to buy the back shell of the lumia would be incredible. I hate to say, but I think I jumped the gun with the black/matte and I can't get the beauty that is the red glossy out of my head!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss