Screen doesn't turn off and lock automatically and then power button doesn't either

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Have looked through the forums and also on the net and haven't found anyone with a similar problem yet but basically every now and then my screen stops automatically turning off and locking the phone and it basically then stays turned on in a dim state. I also can't press the power button to turn it off myself but can do a soft reset and everything is fine again. I've only had the phone 3 days and I've only seen it do it twice today funnily enough after I changed the lock screen timeout from 1 minute to 30 seconds. I have since changed timeout back to 1 minute and it's still working and I'm waiting to see if it happens a 3rd time or more. Also phone was fairly flat at the beginning of the day and so it's been on charge connected to a PC most of the day (because the PC charge is so damn slow) so not sure if having it on charge connected to the PC has been a cause. Anyone else seen anything similar? If it keeps happening hopefully a firmware update will fix otherwise it will be back for repairs.

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
This actually happened to me yesterday for the first time. I layed my phone down, and noticed the 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen were lit. When I looked closely, I saw that the screen had dimmed, but not turned off. I tested it by touching the screen, and then waiting for it to lock, and it never did. I tested the settings, and everything looked fine. I was able to use my power button to lock it, unlike you though.

I turned it off and on, and everything was fine. Prior to doing that, I killed all the running apps, (which was only internet explorer at the time I believe), but that didnt help.

Should be a software issue, since rebooting helped. Hopefully its a rare glitch that will get fixed in the upcoming update.

sidaksingh90

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys. I am experiencing the same issue with my Nokia Lumia 920. I keep having to switch it off to get it back to normal. Otherwise the screen doesn't shut. Also all the touch keys are lighted up. This is the third or fourth time this has happened. I hope this is a software glitch. You guys have any other solutions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12