920 detail camera fix confirmed

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Nokia to quickly address this issue. This is one of the main selling points of the Lumia. Photos on the 920 were never bad but could have been sharper and Creative Studio didn't always fix the shots.

/no, I don't have a Lumia 920 anymore.
//however, I'll still follow the device.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see this, however I got to say I see little difference in the comparison photos. (besides the cat)

ha, I was going to say the same thing.

I hope the samples were just poor choices, but once the fix is released, we will see the difference ourselves a bit more clearly.

Shap2012

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
ha, I was going to say the same thing.

I hope the samples were just poor choices, but once the fix is released, we will see the difference ourselves a bit more clearly.

I went back and looked, there is a bit of difference upon second look. It does seem like some poor choices for examples, but maybe they don't want to over promise/under deliver.

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Judging from the samples, it looks like a minor improvement. If this doesn't make a substantial improvement in real life, I'll be selling my 920 to return to my 808 until WP8 is ready for primetime and/or Nokia delivers more than a promising name for its WP camera efforts.

death_eater

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Nokia to quickly address this issue. This is one of the main selling points of the Lumia. Photos on the 920 were never bad but could have been sharper and Creative Studio didn't always fix the shots.

/no, I don't have a Lumia 920 anymore.
//however, I'll still follow the device.

Me too. I returned my 920 a week ago and since the store didn't have a stock to replace my unit (it got bricked after hard reset to try improving my battery). I still check this forum everyday to see the the progress of 920. I haven't bought a new phone yet. I still consider 920 but I don't want to have another defective unit and wait again for a couple of days for a replacement.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I could see the difference in some shots. But quite frankly, they picked really poor examples to show the difference.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The cat example looked good. The softness there in the before is what I typically see.

It's interesting to note that they are also removing discussion about this firmware fix over on the Nokia support forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)