SOLVED: Warranty exchange - new or refurbished? Lumia 920

anon(376224)

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine is yellow. So far it's much more reliable than my original. I'll give it a couple of weeks of use before I call it 'resolved' though.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

joshuaj11

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Been on my refurbished 920 for a couple weeks and been working like a charm ... Previous one had a faulty flash.. Just stopped working out of nowhere.. ATT would not send me a new one and I contacted Nokia and they said I would need to send in my phone for a couple weeks to get it looked looked at.. Decided to go just go with the refurbished one and was even able to change phone color .. Went from the black to the glossy white .. Which is quite stunning..

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
irvin792, I sent you a PM a while back (I don't know if you got it or not as I didn't have it set to save a copy in my sent items). Can you tell me who you called and what you had to do to get a new phone instead of just sending it in for repairs? I'd like to avoid going a week or so without a phone. ;)

Ashley Baugh

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
They can see what color the phone is, but if you ask, they might. The CSR I worked with to get my warranty told me if I wanted a different color, that was not a problem.

ryanwinter

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Remember that getting a replacement phone doesnt reset your warranty period. I'm about to replace my current 920 because the front camera is full of dust. Because I'm nearing the end of my 12 month warranty, they are only offering me a 90 day warranty on the replacement second hand phone.

jonathanbailie

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I replaced my Lumia 920 under a warranty claim because of the front camera being full of dust. My new one came inside a little sleeve; no retail packaging, cords, papers, etc. Works very well so far, and no dust at all inside the front camera (my original started collecting dust from day one). All is well for now :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk for Windows Phone 8

ryanwinter

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I replaced my Lumia 920 under a warranty claim because of the front camera being full of dust. My new one came inside a little sleeve; no retail packaging, cords, papers, etc. Works very well so far, and no dust at all inside the front camera (my original started collecting dust from day one). All is well for now :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk for Windows Phone 8

Hi Jonathan,

I have the same dust fill front camera, trying to work out if it's worth replacing it because I assume it's just going to happen again. Have you had any issues with the new one?

jonathanbailie

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
No, the new one is running very well. I'm using my HTC one at the moment, but I mostly use my Lumia 920 for the majority of my time. It's been a while now, and there haven't been any issues at all, the new 920 is great.

Honestly, being under warranty, let them swap it out for you. The front dust becomes irritating, because you eventually can't Skype, take selfies, or anything else you may use the front camera for. The warranty process is easy and quick, and doesn't cost you a penny. There isn't a deductible or anything for a warranty issue.

Just keep receipts of your return labels/tracking and paperwork that your carrier will send you as part of the warranty claim. You will need to send your device back usually within 10 days; make sure you do this. Also, make sure you wipe your device, so none of your personal info is left to potentially prying eyes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb