Onto my 3rd 920...

Gigantuouse

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Battery issues suck, but ATT has actually been really cool about it. I have the Cyan and the White 920s and the way that I started to notice there was something wrong was when the White 920 would last twice as long as my first Cyan 920. Since it was replaced my new 920 has an even worse battery than the original, sheesh.

If you guys are having battery issues, get it replaced. When you have a 920 with a good battery it's pretty amazing. The White 920 was literally getting 2x the battery life with the same apps installed in my tests. Totally worth it.

Anyways, just wanted to vent a little bit. I'm not going anywhere, love the OS way too much.

:angry:

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. My AT&T 920 lasts a day and a half with normal use. What apps do you two have loaded on your phones?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. My AT&T 920 lasts a day and a half with normal use. What apps do you two have loaded on your phones?

My battery is ok. The first is bricked when resetting to improved the battery, the second will turn off the screen during call.

Gigantuouse

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I did a hard reset on both phones, started from scratch. After that I let them die then charged to 100 percent. There was no difference between the phones from an installed app perspective when I did the comparison. With the newest phone I have, I was losing upwards of 9 percent of my battery being idle in the same amount of time the Lumia with a good battery would lose 1 percent. It's really incredible.

killzone killzo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I did a hard reset on both phones, started from scratch. After that I let them die then charged to 100 percent. There was no difference between the phones from an installed app perspective when I did the comparison. With the newest phone I have, I was losing upwards of 9 percent of my battery being idle in the same amount of time the Lumia with a good battery would lose 1 percent. It's really incredible.

Again the battery level built into the os is not very accurate. My lumia has been off the charger for 5 hours now, I have background apps disabled except for whatsapp and data is active and the settings show 100% battery life remaining. I made about 4 calls and setup a gmail account on the phone. 5 hours and 100% is highly unlikely to be true.

Gigantuouse

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
That's true. I'm not saying that is exactly right, but when it died and the other phone was at 60%... that's when I said "F*&$ this. I need a new one."

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Tbh, if you want to test if your battery is faulty and even get close to a correct answe you should use some testing suite like the battery drain app. The percentage in the OS is really bad. Mine can be stuck at > 90% for many hours and then go down at a good pace until it hits 35% after like 1.5-2 days. It can sometimes stay there for hours before going down further.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Battery issues suck, but ATT has actually been really cool about it. I have the Cyan and the White 920s and the way that I started to notice there was something wrong was when the White 920 would last twice as long as my first Cyan 920. Since it was replaced my new 920 has an even worse battery than the original, sheesh.

If you guys are having battery issues, get it replaced. When you have a 920 with a good battery it's pretty amazing. The White 920 was literally getting 2x the battery life with the same apps installed in my tests. Totally worth it.

Anyways, just wanted to vent a little bit. I'm not going anywhere, love the OS way too much.

:angry:

So how long does your battery lasts you now?

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the whole replacement story too w/ my 900. Had to have it replaced 6 times for multiple issues. Still on my first 920 and loving it. Battery has not been an issue at all with my phone. I do know you want to let it die and charge up at least 2 times before making any judgement on the battery life.

Nightshde

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I've had my phone for over a month now and haven't had any issues with battery life. I guess you could say I'm a moderate user, couple phone calls a bunch of texting and playing a few games and the battery can last for about a day and a half. Though yesterday I did have an issue where I didn't sign out of the myATT app and by the time I got home from work I noticed my battery was practically dead. So my guess is that it could be certain apps aren't completely shutting down or still run fully in the background and drain the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans