Jaime Rivera from pocketnow.com, thinks Nokia is the biggest loser of 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What an ***hole!

http://pocketnow.com/2012/12/18/biggest-losers-2012

"Sadly the cake on my list is taken by Nokia. Surely they’re a smartphone maker and did their job right with great hardware across the line, but Windows Phone still hasn’t proven to be their ticket to success, and their PureView fake and embarrassing marketing Ad really showed how desperate they are in showing the world something they still can’t do."

I'm sitting here with my L920 in my hands, and I think it rocks. What's ironic is that pocketnow themselves, did an article on how apples getting away with false advertising all the time.

You Think Nokia Uses Deceptive Advertising? Have You Heard of Apple? | Pocketnow

"The interesting thing is that the most profitable tech company in the world lies to us all the time in their commercials and airs them constantly on public television. Apple is often being busted for false advertising, but they never really do anything about it. Remember when Apple claimed their screen supported “millions of colors” when it really only had a few hundred thousand? How about the lawsuits about the false advertising Apple uses in its Siri commercials?"

It's becoming harder and harder to take those tech writers serious. WTF!?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
He is entitled to his own opinion. If that actually is his true opinion. Maybe he's just like that stock guy Kramer. Most people do the exact opposite of what he says cause he is known for pumping bad stocks and trashing good ones for whoever is paying his salary.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Onlineharvest you give him to much credit, too state that he is " ignorant" implies he is uninformed or lacking in knowledge, you had it right the first time, he's just an a**hole lol

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
He's constantly fighting with readers in the comment sections of his posts. That speaks volumes if your work can't speak for itself.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Jaime has to meet his page hits quota before the end of the year ;) He knows that WP/Lumia fans will show up in droves; but not me! I will not visit that site or click on the link.

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
He's constantly fighting with readers in the comment sections of his posts. That speaks volumes if your work can't speak for itself.

True. He was bashing on RT, before even having it in his hands. He probably has some grudge against MSFT. Whatever... in any case, he comes out, looking very unproffesional.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This Jaime Rivera guy isn't the only person to think Nokia is the biggest loser of 2012, he's just an easy target because he shared his thoughts on the internet and likes to argue back with people.

Windows Phone still hasn?t proven to be their ticket to success

Well, it hasn't. I don't see droves of Lumia 920's and HTC 8X's in my office. Until I got rid of my 920 I was the only person in the building of 400+ that had a Windows Phone. There are a lot of feature phones and old flip phones in use, but also a lot of Android phones and iPhones. (not to mention iPads and Kindles) When one of your major features fails to deliver - ahem, daylight photos - people are going to take notice. Photos taken at night and in low light conditions rocked. They could be better, yes, but Nokia took smartphone cameras to places they normally wouldn't have gone to. Good for them. They could have done that with their own hardware/software outside of Windows Phone though. And potentially, they could have casted a wider net in the process.

and their PureView fake and embarrassing marketing Ad really showed how desperate they are in showing the world something they still can?t do

The original demonstration units had the best photo taking ability. The review units that got pushed out caused people to go "what the heck" and question Nokia's logic in releasing the phones in that condition. To say they were rushed is an understatement. Nokia had to get the Lumia 920 out before the holidays, before other flagships were released and to avoid getting drowned out by rumors of a Galaxy S 4. Nokia may have been desperate, but production issues and pressure from Microsoft and investors to deliver a finished project probably led to what we have all experienced with our devices. Nokia produces quality handsets. What happened with their launch, in my opinion, is a fluke.

In 2013 it will be up to Microsoft to innovate the OS and support it. They have great devices in their stable. They need to focus on correcting issues with the OS, demonstrating value in their core offerings and showing how the devices we are buying now won't suddenly become obsolete in 6 months as they tend to with Android. Nokia put their eggs into the Windows Phone basket. I personally wouldn't have minded seeing a WebOS device developed by Nokia featuring their high-end cameras.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
He is an annoying Apple ******, I can't stand his videos because he never talks good about anything but Apple.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
iamtim said:
Wait... someone on the internet [who does the "fixed that for you" thing] is an ***hole? NO. I can't believe that. :D
Fixed that for you.

No, fixed it for you.

OMG, I just did the "fixed that for you" thing! I must be an ***hole too! Woe is me!

I'd like to add that "let me google that for you" qualifies as well, while we're talking about it. :D

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone still hasn’t proven to be their ticket to success

Well, it hasn't. I don't see droves of Lumia 920's and HTC 8X's in my office.

It hasn't been proven wrong either has it? You have some sort of hotline to Elop, and got the sales figures? Point is, it's to early to tell.

Besides, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with my L920. No Rattles, no battery drain, no dust and Whatever...

I'm NOT a ******. But it's seriously annoying with all the Nokia/MSFT bashing going around. I honestly feel like I'm sitting with a quality device here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz