Set 3G-Only on AT&T

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
To set 3G only on AT&T use this method. Read entirely as there's one step that gets the change to stick. I read it in another thread but can't find it right now. But it did work for my 920.

Do the ##3282# field test
Hit the three buttons and go into settings
The important step: Toggle ENS to off and reboot. From my understanding ENS stands for Emergency Notification System and unless you subscribe I don't think it hurts to leave it off.
Now go back to the field test and switch to 3G Only and the change should stick

tibere86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
To set 3G only on AT&T use this method. Read entirely as there's one step that gets the change to stick. I read it in another thread but can't find it right now. But it did work for my 920.

The important step: Toggle ENS to off and reboot. From my understanding ENS stands for Emergency Notification System and unless you subscribe I don't think it hurts to leave it off.
I manually flashed the new Portico update today and it seems to disable ##3282# access. Can anyone else confirm? Prior to update, I was able to input ##3282# and force my Lumia into 2G or 3G or 4G only modes.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I wasn't aware of ##3282#! That's a beauty little shortcut. Worked on my international unlocked HTC titan in the UK on Three. Will be good to jam into 3G when they get 4G. I find it fast enough.

Traxan

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about this.

I go into the Field Test menu (##3282) and set it to 3G only, but it never stays. It keeps resetting to automatic. How do I make it stick? There's no save options/settings.

TIA.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about this.

I go into the Field Test menu (##3282) and set it to 3G only, but it never stays. It keeps resetting to automatic. How do I make it stick? There's no save options/settings.

TIA.

From the OP.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried this on my phone. It saves and in the settings it says 3g however when I am on the phone itself it still only shows one bar and 4g like it's not saved. I tried rebooting it several times and every time it is saved and says 3g in the diag menu but when I pull down the info from the top it says 4g.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried this on my phone. It saves and in the settings it says 3g however when I am on the phone itself it still only shows one bar and 4g like it's not saved. I tried rebooting it several times and every time it is saved and says 3g in the diag menu but when I pull down the info from the top it says 4g.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

It's Correct. It's 4G HSPA not 4G LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99