Update for windows phone 8 is out

luckylifo

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
It's understandable that you are frustrated....especially since this is the reverse of what usually happens, however I'm sure that in the new few days you'll be able to update your phone by other means. I'm just not sure if that means a update or a full wipe of the device and install the update.

Especially when I have spent extra ?? to get the factory unlocked version!

anon(5354375)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
face2p.png

wpss201212190001.png

RambleOn1972

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just finished the update.... got scared when it was stuck at preparing to install 100%, then finally rebooted, then had the spinning gears..... I tried to stay calm hoping I didn't brick my device, then it just restarted and said almost done and installed a little more... thank god, those spinning gears scared me, but I guess its all normal

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So, if I have a Rogers Lumia 920 but it's unlocked and being used with a different Carrier, can I still get the update today?

On paper, I would assume that you should still get it. The firmware on the phone IS rogers firmware.

Check for it manually and let me know how it goes.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you need to be on WiFi after the download is complete? I first started the download then it said I needed WiFi. Had to go find free WiFi and it is downloading slowly. Once complete, I plan on walking back to work, but I am not sure if I need to use WiFi after it installs the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers