07-30-2013 09:19 AM
310 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I wish, juan6996, that "display+touch" was listed, but it is not. As stated, I am not sure what this app does, but the phone functions without it. Perhaps if I could reinstall the Win 8 update, the "display+touch" issue would be worked out. I am guessing that this portion of the downloaded system update was corrupt. For others who are having issues, perhaps that is also the case. Without doing a hard reset of the phone, is it possible to download the update over the existing one?
    You have 3 options, i guess.
    -Ignore display+touch, as your phone works.
    -Go here: display+touch | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) and try to download the update
    -Flash your phone with the new firmware using Care Suite (most dangerous)
    12-19-2012 05:38 PM
    Juan6996, thank you for the suggestions. As mentioned, I have another thread running, so perhaps it is rude of me to post comments in the "Portico" thread as well. Over the years, I have only posted a few remarks on this exceptional website, but that does not excuse me from knowing the rules. Still, I appreciate the help. I did go to the windowsphone.com site and attempt to download the ap, but I was only presented with a "share" option. Flashing the firmware option makes me nervous. I salute those who succeed in the mission, but I cannot imagine jumping in.

Thanks again.
    12-19-2012 05:48 PM
    errr...how do i get this update in Australia?
    12-19-2012 05:50 PM
    By the way, I recall touching the screen during the system update procedure. That may well have interferred with the installation and somehow affected the "display+touch" portion of the installation.
    12-19-2012 05:51 PM
    By the way, I recall touching the screen during the system update procedure. That may well have interferred with the installation and somehow affected the "display+touch" portion of the installation.
    Could be, but I doubt it. Well, this had to do with the update problems so I think we're still on topic lol.
    If you don't mind loosing your data, you could reset the phone to factory, and that might fix your issue. You WILL loose all of your locally saved data. To do this, go to settings, about, scroll to the bottom, and tap "reset your phone". Are you currently having issues with the display/brightness?
    12-19-2012 05:59 PM
    Just finished. The whole process took ~20min. No meltdowns so far :)
    12-19-2012 06:02 PM
    errr...how do i get this update in Australia?
    Update is only out for ATT branded Lumia 920 in USA.Sorry, you'll have to wait.
    Anybody else see irony haha
    12-19-2012 06:06 PM
    This is going to sound out but since the update I keep hitting the coma button instead of the spacebar. Did the change the size of the spacebar button or did the alter the zone for where the button push is registered?

Please let me know of I coincidently started this problem on my own after the update or if it was the update. Lol

Also, they never fixed the issue in the "Post an Update" section of "Me" where the keyboard won't go into landscape mode.
    12-19-2012 06:09 PM
    Finally I can take quality pictures!!!
    12-19-2012 06:24 PM
    The display/brightness seems to be fine, juan6996, but I have not given the phone much attention other than to chastise it for letting me down. Actually, considering that I seem to be the only person experiencing the issue, perhaps touching the screen during the update was the problem. I think the phone needs to rest. If that doesn't work, a reset may be in order, but I really would rather wait and see if another update helps.

Thanks again.
    12-19-2012 06:30 PM
    Update went really well was very quick. Installed the display+touch update first. I turned on the Wi-Fi keepalive option. I kinda wonder why this doesn't default to 'on'. I'm sure if it did it would suddenly upset some fringe group of people, but if it's really the best option, it should be defaulted that way. I thought the camera was great before, so I guess I have nothing else to add.
    12-19-2012 06:52 PM
    Updated fine but I don't see any option to disable picture downloads in IE. Any info on this?
    12-19-2012 07:03 PM
    My Bluetooth doesn't seem better. Actually seems worse or my soundbar is the culprit.
    12-19-2012 07:05 PM
    Update went fine here .. Bluetooth is much quicker now and have not had issues yet with disconnecting or freezes using it. That was my main issue before.
    12-19-2012 07:06 PM
    Updated fine but I don't see any option to disable picture downloads in IE. Any info on this?
    I checked on this.. apparently its only for phones on carriers that support Data Sense, aka verizon.
    theefman and aaa6112 like this.
    12-19-2012 07:10 PM
    I didn't have any problem with the update process itself. I started at around 12:30PM and it took about 30 minutes total. However, I can certainly say that they have not fixed the reliability issue as I have already had one "lock up" this evening.
    12-19-2012 07:12 PM
    Am I correct in assuming that "Developer Device" Lumia 920's as given out at Build 2012 won't get the update even if they're on AT&T's network?
    12-19-2012 07:16 PM
    I ended up going to the AT&T store and swapping my problematic Lumia 920 for a new one this afternoon. I'm in the process of updating the new one and it seems like it will be finished in less than 30 minutes. :)

Good god... Is your phone phone full of music? I only have 10GBs of free space left on my 920.
    No, I had almost 20GB of free space left on my original phone.
    12-19-2012 07:16 PM
    I checked on this.. apparently its only for phones on carriers that support Data Sense, aka verizon.
    Thanks, looks like im good then.
    12-19-2012 07:17 PM
    The download and install went smooth. I feel this update does nothing for us. The sms feature is nice but should have been in from the start, other that that I feel that there is absolutely no reason why this update should have taken more than 5minutes to complete. Also imho the camera update doesn't make that much of a difference. I was hoping for more
    12-19-2012 07:19 PM
    The download and install went smooth. I feel this update does nothing for us. The sms feature is nice but should have been in from the start, other that that I feel that there is absolutely no reason why this update should have taken more than 5minutes to complete. Also imho the camera update doesn't make that much of a difference. I was hoping for more
    Said by someone who has never worked as a software engineer.
    WPenvy, Winfonejunkie and jdhooghe like this.
    12-19-2012 07:28 PM
    Update went great. My Bluetooth is now working on my 2007 BMW X5. Before update, it would not even pair. Overall, no issues after the update. I'm on AT&T.
    Jazmac likes this.
    12-19-2012 07:35 PM
    Same thing here. My LTE wasn't working so I turned it to 3G only some time ago hoping this update would fix the radio. Now I can't get back to Field Test Mode to try out LTE. It's my fault and it's not like the phone's working any differently. But I would've liked to see if I can use LTE now. Oh well.
    Try powering off the phone and then remove the SIM card. Power the phone back on without the SIM installed. You will get the typical "Invalid SIM" message, just choose "continue".
    Then, power off the phone, reinsert the SIM card and power back on. I got a pop-up message after boot "Your phone has been reset to GSM mode" (or something like that).
    This apparently re-registers your service and sets the phone back to the automatic network setting, so it will get LTE, 4G (HSDPA+ 3G), Edge, depending on your coverage area.
    This has worked for others as well.
    12-19-2012 07:44 PM
    Said by someone who has never worked as a software engineer.

dude ios 6 took 15 min to install on a 3gs
    12-19-2012 07:51 PM
    I ended up going to the AT&T store and swapping my problematic Lumia 920 for a new one this afternoon. I'm in the process of updating the new one and it seems like it will be finished in less than 30 minutes. :)
    Happy for you. was feeling your frustration :)
    12-19-2012 07:54 PM
310 ... 45678 ...