07-30-2013 09:19 AM
310 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I got home from work (no WIFI there) and installed the update. Everything went well only took about 15 minutes to install after the download. I am testing it out now.
    12-19-2012 07:54 PM
    Anybody who was having issues playing corporate voicemail wav files try it after the update? Not sure if that issue would be resolved this quick or not.
    Still does not work.
    12-19-2012 07:58 PM
    dude ios 6 took 15 min to install on a 3gs
    No, it doesn't. It takes 2 hours to download via itunes, then it takes 2 hours to back up your phone, 30 minutes to send the update to the phone, 20 minutes for the phone to reboot, then another hour to restore the phone via itunes. The minor point releases that are mini updates of a few 100k, sure. Going from iOS5 to iOS6, not so much.
    Winfonejunkie likes this.
    12-19-2012 08:02 PM
    The update was smooth sailing for me, probably took less than 15 minutes for me for it to finish installing and load everything back up. I'm really pleased with the update! I'm surprised how much the image quality has improved...you can notice it a lot easier after you take a picture then zoom into your photo and the image is much sharper than before the update.
    12-19-2012 08:12 PM
    No, it doesn't. It takes 2 hours to download via itunes, then it takes 2 hours to back up your phone, 30 minutes to send the update to the phone, 20 minutes for the phone to reboot, then another hour to restore the phone via itunes. The minor point releases that are mini updates of a few 100k, sure. Going from iOS5 to iOS6, not so much.
    I'm not sure why we are talking about iPhone in this thread but lets get back on track... Chop! Chop!
    12-19-2012 08:17 PM
    I feel like the ease of access settings have changed but it's not something I normally use
    12-19-2012 08:59 PM
    I just noticed the twitter notifications in the Me hub finally display the whole tweet. I've been waiting for this since forever!! :D
    12-19-2012 09:16 PM
    I ended up going to the AT&T store and swapping my problematic Lumia 920 for a new one this afternoon. I'm in the process of updating the new one and it seems like it will be finished in less than 30 minutes. :)

No, I had almost 20GB of free space left on my original phone.
    Ermagerd.... -_- It's going to take mine forever :'(
    jdhooghe and Vavali like this.
    12-19-2012 11:33 PM
    Rebooting still issue, very frustrating!!!
    12-20-2012 12:23 AM
    After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!

AT&T Lumia 920
    12-20-2012 12:26 AM
    After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!

AT&T Lumia 920
    I believe that's a Youtube issue. There was a story today on WPCentral about how Google changed some backend settings that borked a lot of stuff. Google's changes result in MetroTube being hidden from Store | Windows Phone Central
    Danny Steiger likes this.
    12-20-2012 12:30 AM
    It's only been half a day or so but crashes have stopped for me. Before Portico, I got a random reset / freeze (more often than not a freeze) once every few days or maybe twice a week. In the 24 hours leading up to the udpate, I got over TWELVE freezes. All doing random things too:

- Reading exchange email
    - Reading gmail (multiple times)
    - Web browsing
    - Nokia drive+ (multiple times)
    - Downloading software updates (multiple times)

The best one was the phone froze up once during the update download.

So far so good though. Guess time will tell.
    12-20-2012 12:33 AM
    so far good. camera is little better but still produces soft images. does not save same as the image focused at the last moment...

but some added features are very welcome and general performance seems to be improved. i hope this also address some of the battery drain caused by apps (Drive, etc, etc)

as of now i only allow 2 apps to run in background (weather and engadget) frustating
    12-20-2012 12:45 AM
    *grumble* why does google have to be declaring war on Microsoft. So annoying. Certainly doesn't create any good will towards them. Thanks for the response though, I'm hoping that's all it is!
    12-20-2012 01:03 AM

Appreciate the help!

AT&T Lumia 920
    This may not be related but ever since the update I've noticed that to get a video to play in MetroTube I had to repeatedly tap it very quickly or else it wouldn't load, not sure if that'll work for you or not but its worth a shot.
    12-20-2012 01:22 AM
    This may not be related but ever since the update I've noticed that to get a video to play in MetroTube I had to repeatedly tap it very quickly or else it wouldn't load, not sure if that'll work for you or not but its worth a shot.
    yes I confirm it does work:)
    12-20-2012 01:32 AM
    Your problems with metrotube aren't related to the update. Google did what they do best and changed stuff
    12-20-2012 03:55 AM
    Its totally unacceptable that other Lumia 920 have to wait 2 months extra to get the update. Firmware is ready. Why not push it out to everyone. How hard could it be?
    12-20-2012 04:14 AM
    Ditto. Installed last Friday and rebooted at least 3 times since then. Thinking of sending my HTC 8x back as worried maybe its a duff unit. Random rebooting shouldn't be happening in this day and age, my Nexus One was solid as a rock.
    12-20-2012 04:25 AM
    I wish, juan6996, that "display+touch" was listed, but it is not. As stated, I am not sure what this app does, but the phone functions without it. Perhaps if I could reinstall the Win 8 update, the "display+touch" issue would be worked out. I am guessing that this portion of the downloaded system update was corrupt. For others who are having issues, perhaps that is also the case. Without doing a hard reset of the phone, is it possible to download the update over the existing one?
    Here are some Nokia updates. I don't have portica as I have unlocked, but could be still beneficial to go through these. I found two updates that my phone didn't find automatically before.

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions
    12-20-2012 04:57 AM
    My WiFi does stay connected if I go standby for more than like 30 min
    12-20-2012 05:08 AM
    Mine still has issues with the wireless charger. It locks up overnight.
    12-20-2012 06:44 AM
    Anyone notice the night photos are not coming out like they used to? Am I missing a setting or preference I didn't know about before?
    12-20-2012 07:55 AM
    The new firmware and OS update seems to have sped up NFC too the wireless charging stand now appears to have a new basic default app - Weather & Calender that opens instantly when you use NFC on the stand
    12-20-2012 08:14 AM
    pretty smooth so far. This morning i finally see an app update on my store tile, first time in almost a month.
    12-20-2012 08:17 AM
310 ... 56789 ...