Portico Update Feedback

nicewabbit

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The camera on 'Close-up' mode seems to be stuck on the blurry unfocussed visual when taking the picture. On Auto, I can click on the object and have it take a good picture, but when I switch to macro mode it seems to only show me the blurry version. Confused if I'm just doin' it wrong!
Pic 1 is on all auto settings, tapped on foreground leaves. Pic 2 is on Close-up, all other settings same, Auto Focus Assist On, tapped on foreground leaves.

Attachments

• WP_20121219_015.jpg
    WP_20121219_015.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 17
  • WP_20121219_017.jpg
    WP_20121219_017.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This could be due to the battery meter improvement, but it's 5:08pm for me and after a full day of use without a charge, I have 51% battery. At this same time today if I forgot to charge my phone before my home commute, I would be closer to 30 - 20%.

PS. updated 4hrs ago.

Last edited:

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The camera on 'Close-up' mode seems to be stuck on the blurry unfocussed visual when taking the picture. On Auto, I can click on the object and have it take a good picture, but when I switch to macro mode it seems to only show me the blurry version. Confused if I'm just doin' it wrong!
Pic 1 is on all auto settings, tapped on foreground leaves. Pic 2 is on Close-up, all other settings same, Auto Focus Assist On, tapped on foreground leaves.

Close-up = Macro basically, you have to get really close to the subject or it will be out of focus.

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have just opened a thread regarding this problem, but I note that I probably should have just posted on this thread. In any case, my update seemed to go well, but now my "display+touch" feature does not work. The message reads that the feature can't be opened, and that an app update may be available. I cannot find the app in the store, thus no update.

I also note that my reception keeps bouncing back and forth between 4G, LTE, and losing the signal entirely. This may be a network issue, but I have not experienced it before in my current location.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah man, that freaking sucks. It was fine before the update too. It's really weird, the brightness just keeps going up and down. Dammit, thats what I get for being excited.

Before you flash your phone with the older software, you should know that there is new setting that's probably causing your brightness problem. Go to settings>display+touch. There are two new options that are on my default. Sunlight readability and Brightness with battery saver. If you turn both of those off, you can also just try to set your brightness manually.​

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting, juan6996. So, there are two new settings, but I haven't even got one available. I hope that those who have the brightness issue are not plagued for long by the problem. Actually, I wish everyone a great transition.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea, to get the new settings you also have to update the Nokia System apps. Wpcentral ran stories on it yesterday and they have download links :D

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How do you figure? WP7.5 was stable 100% of the time, no if ands or buts about it. WP8 on the other hand is literally a dice roll as to whether or not it'll work for you. That is UNACCEPTABLE.
You just contradicted yourself. You say that it is random whether it will work or not (not true, it works a good 90+% of the time btw) and yet you say that you didn't over generalize by saying WP8 is a pile of sh!t.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How do you figure? WP7.5 was stable 100% of the time, no if ands or buts about it. WP8 on the other hand is literally a dice roll as to whether or not it'll work for you. That is UNACCEPTABLE.

to call a whole entire product a pile just because you and a few others may have an issue......all new tech has issues.....so then by your logic all new tech is a steaming pile? And wp7.5 had its bugs and quirks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss