Portico Update Feedback

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that the white balance on the camera has been improved. I took 2 shots using the exact settings (with Incandescent WB) using my wife's phone (Pre-update) and mine with Portico. Pictures at night would have this weird greenish tint to them, we've even seen those in some sites like engadget. When I took the picture of a pure white background, you can literally see the green spot throughout the center of the sho, especially when side by side with mine which had the correct white. I didn't think to save the shots but I may try again and post later when I get home.

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I got my updates at 5pm yesterday, just in time for me to take pics and videos of our daughter and exchange student in the choir/band concert at their high school. Everything looks nice and the phone seems to be running very well. No problems or issues noted at all...

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having heat issue after the updates?

Yes, kind of. I can't tell if it was the update or the phone. I just got this 920 this week because the other one has soooo many issues. And while I wasn't using the new one this week because I wanted to change my Microsoft account, the times that I did use it, it felt fine.

Then, last night, I set everything up with my new MS/Outlook account. And shortly there after I downloaded the update. Seemed fine until this afternoon I noticed it was suuuuuuper hot. Almost too hot to hold in my hand. But I can't tell if the phone was already having issues or if the update caused it. I did do a lot of email downloads today because I just set up my new Outlook account and had in download allllll the emails. So that may have been the cause, it did seem to get hot shortly after I did that.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Mentioned this in another thread too:
Amazing Weather HD live tile stopped updating for me, not once since the update yesterday. Only way to get the tile updated is to open the app. Tried unpinning and re-pinning (from within the app), uninstalling, soft-reset and re-installing but nothing works. It worked flawlessly for me earlier. Does anybody with Amazing Weather HD have their tile updating automatically?
PS: I emailed the developer and am waiting for a reply.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried installing Skype again since they've updated to Portico? Are we still getting that stuck-syncing problem?

Side note: took my phone 30 mins for the whole update. To put things into perspective i only have 10.44GB of free space left.

Last edited:

Narun

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
BAD NEWS!

My Lumia 920 has restarted itself twice since the update yesterday 1pm. Never had I got this problem before. Plus, after the phone's back on, it seems to revert the brightness to full even though I set (and the system shows) that it's supposed to be at low brightness.

So to sum it up, Nokia and Microsoft have managed to fix the previously existing problems by migrating them to those handsets that had never experienced the issues before ... Redistribution of frustration I guess ... #NotImpressed.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok... I re-installed it (Skype) after updating to Portico. So far so good with no sync issues. I'll keep checking though.

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, kind of. I can't tell if it was the update or the phone. I just got this 920 this week because the other one has soooo many issues. And while I wasn't using the new one this week because I wanted to change my Microsoft account, the times that I did use it, it felt fine.

Then, last night, I set everything up with my new MS/Outlook account. And shortly there after I downloaded the update. Seemed fine until this afternoon I noticed it was suuuuuuper hot. Almost too hot to hold in my hand. But I can't tell if the phone was already having issues or if the update caused it. I did do a lot of email downloads today because I just set up my new Outlook account and had in download allllll the emails. So that may have been the cause, it did seem to get hot shortly after I did that.
how long is the battery supposed to take out of a whole day use? What's the minimum hours before reaching 0% on your Nokia?

Narun

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
so is the phone still locking up.. requiring a soft reset to boot up - after this update?

Yes. In my case, it has become even more frequent. The only available option seems to be getting a replacement which I hate as it means I will receive a "like-new" handset. We all know that this essentially means that I'll be getting a "used" phone.

Philip Howk

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Performed update on two different 920s...one took it but is performing worse requiring more frequent Soft Reset and battery life also has become worse... The other 920 is now bricked after downloading and rebooting after the install...hard reset doesn't work...Called Nokia they concur with the Bricked assessment suggested I send in for a replacement 7-10 days.... Called AT&T they too did troubleshooting and determined a brick and are overnighting another phone....

If your device is currently stable I would leave it alone until the next update at least....Portico seems to be a rushed release that is causing more grief than good....

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, all I have to say is positive:

I had issues prior with Bluetooth in my Camry.. where it wouldn't auto-start playing, and where it wouldn't pass data (showing song titles/etc) that is entirely fixed now, started working right off the bat.
My battery life is better, considerably so.

But the Bluetooth issue is the one I notice most.. before this update, phone calls would cause my music/etc. to go into "pause" requiring me to manually restart the music OR sometimes it wouldn't restart no matter what. That has went away. Data notes, fix. So whatever went on with the bluetooth stack, much improved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers