Portico Update Feedback

dimatador

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i did the update yesterday, the one thing i have a complain about is that the screen keeps going up and down on the bright to dime is really annoying. Has any body notice this ?

doobzter

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
mine was working perfectly before the update - great battery life, no lags, no random reboots etc. After the update, strangely the phone seems to lag a bit with certain applications like weave reader. It's isn't a source of headache for me, but the lag is definitely noticeable. I also rebooted the phone after the update. Battery life has gone from great to awesome though.

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
After a day using the phone I can confirm 3 things.

Bluetooth still has issues. It could be my car "Ford Sync", but my 800 and HTC trophy were fine.

Battery life took a dump.

Also my wife's phone is still locking up under normal use. Going to try a reset on hers since I have never noticed the issue.

There is an issue with screen brightness after a reboot. I keep mine on low and it was on high, while still showing it as low.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
After a day using the phone I can confirm 3 things.

Bluetooth still has issues. It could be my car "Ford Sync", but my 800 and HTC trophy were fine.

Battery life took a dump.

Also my wife's phone is still locking up under normal use. Going to try a reset on hers since I have never noticed the issue.

There is an issue with screen brightness after a reboot. I keep mine on low and it was on high, while still showing it as low.

-my brightness does the same thing.
-My battery is also crappy now and the phone is getting hot
-sometimes when i press a tweet or a link on a page it registers me pushing a different object. this happens randomly.

the_coolestnerd

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
At&t 920 the first time I tried to update OTA it got stuck on SGOD so I updated via Nokia care suite. So now the issues I have ar some questionable battery drain but it seems back to normal but now the auto brightness doesn't want act right when I'm indoors its almost like a pulsating brightness level. Other than that it runs perfectly fine

anon(5329748)

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Did they remove the ability to send a video via SMS/MMS? My wife texted me a video after she got the phone, but now we get an error that it's not supported. Can someone test on a pre-Portico 920?

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Just woke up this morning, and I had to do a soft reset to get it to respond. It was plugged in charging. My damn alarm didn't even go off. -_-

Not a happy camper right now

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My cellular signal levels are lower after the update. Even in my house, its not full bars anymore. I went to the post office where I've been many times recently and had a very weak signal when normally it was fine.
Wish I could undo the update just to verify its definitely the update that affected this. But I'm sure it is

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth connectivity in my car is still jacked up! It only works half the time. If I try to make a hands free call it will work up to the point where it starts to dial, then it loses connection and transfers the call back to the phone. I was really hoping the update would have fixed this.

Everything else seems fine. The camera is much better now. No more soft looking photos in the daylight shots. Internet Explorer is much faster as well.

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Personally I think Portico updates are half complete. They released it too quick over customers demands. I also believed that Portico actually fixed most critical features. Of course camera shown an improvements but not too great at some parts. I think Nokia released 920 too soon without checking over designs due to everyone having an issues with dusts being under the screen, both cameras and sure some others that we yet haven't experienced. Some are lucky some are unlucky :( hopefully Microsoft/Nokia planning on releasing a fix if they actually read this feedbacks.

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Since the update, I also have experienced the screen brightness, increased battery consumption, missing "display+touch" feature, and bouncing back and forth between 4G and LTE issues. Prior to the installation of the update, I encountered none of these. I imagine that any updated-related issues will be addressed by the concerned parties.

I wish all a wonderful holiday season.

spacewedgie

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have been experiencing the lag issue as well. Everything was fine before the update, but now it lags just trying to scroll on the home screen. I have thought about doing a full restore and seeing if that helps, but I don't want to lose my game progress for some of my games. So right now I'm at a loss

Last edited:

KTH B1

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I never had any problems at all with my Lumia 920 before the update. Now, after the update, I've experienced 2 random reboots in one day. Bleh. If that's the worst of my problems, then I'll live. Still love my 920.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This might just be me but my screen refresh rate doesn't look as seem less as it once was. Originally scrolling never really affected text or image but I can see it getting hazy or jerky. Its a little strange but that's the only way I can explain it . Also some of my os menus seem don't open with the same smooth animation. They still open but now there's a slight animation lag if you will. Its not stopping me from doing anything I just happen to notice odd things or its just in my head

Just started playing where's my water and I can notice it alot while scrolling in game

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been experiencing the lag issue as well. Everything was fine before the update, but now it lags just trying to scroll on the home screen. I have thought about doing a full restore and seeing if that helps, but I don't want to lose my game progress for some of my games. So right now I'm at a loss
is it a big lag or just noticeable? My screen refresh rate doesn't seem as smooth anymore . Like there's a little fuzzy jerky motion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb