Portico Update Feedback

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
after portico update Bluetooth now auto reconnects to car and headphones. But I still getting Bluetooth audio streaming issues like clicking and skipping and phone will freeze up if I use bt audio and internet sharing at the same time.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
After exchanging my new phone for battery issues, and it's freezing issues. I've noticed that Portico runs fine and I'm hesitant to update the Nokia settings and stuff showing up because my battery has been great since and I'm afraid that updating those will kill my battery again.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
apparently, EE 920 has a new firmware available on navifirm, plugged my phone into NCS and it told me out of date on 1232.5951.1249.1017, there was a 1232.5951.1249.1018 available now, any news on that???

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Just in case it helps somebody else - my phone kept getting really hot and burning through battery after Portico so I did a couple of things. One was to adjust the brightness to auto (it was set to high) - I believe that's fairly common. The other was to turn apps off that were working in the background all the time (CNN, Weather apps etc.) - the latter has made a massive difference. I just have BBC, Battery and Network Dashboard now, no problems. One of the main drains seemed to be gMaps

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issues Have you check your background apps list If you have a whole bunch of background apps that can affect your bttery life. Also if your receptions not great or marginal that can be a real drainer. Haven't experienced any issues with battery life myself except in marginal reception areas. I also have a car charger, a charger at the office, and one at home.

leebaboon

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had a complete nightmare since the Portico update (UK EE contract) The first firmware that I Ieft the phone to download was seemingly corrupt, constant jamming re-booting, every problem you can imagine. Downloaded the firmware from Navi and flashed myself and that created even more problems, corrupted graphics, freezing, re-booting. I am now waiting for UPS to collect it.. never had to do this with a phone before, very disappointed as I always associated Nokia with quality. Not exactly a great start with Windows, will make me think twice when this phone comes to be replaced. Makes me appreciate my old Iphone as I could have had this matter sorted in hours by visiting the apple store. Really hope the turnaround is quick now and that when it returns it gives me no further issues.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
apparently, EE 920 has a new firmware available on navifirm, plugged my phone into NCS and it told me out of date on 1232.5951.1249.1017, there was a 1232.5951.1249.1018 available now, any news on that???
I flashed .1018 last night (have had the CV UK version on my EE phone until now, but I'm heading to the US for a while later this month so wanted to get LTE enabled). I've observed the following:
1. Wallet is now fully enabled (this may have been the reason for the recent store outages, so a coincidence, but I can now choose to use my mobile bill for app purchases - haven't tried it yet though)
2. Call reject to SMS is not enabled on incoming call screen but option exists in phone settings
3. OS version unchanged - 8.0.10211.204
4. Either ENS is enabled in this ROM or the ENS setting survives a reflash

General performance (signal, battery) appear unchanged but a few hours isn't really enough to be conclusive. I am pretty sure that the phone is running cooler, and I am not catching it looking for it's location as frequently, but this could just be coincidence.

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Still no update. How and where do I need to look to see if I already have it? My phone is only 8 days old.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Still no update. How and where do I need to look to see if I already have it? My phone is only 8 days old.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Settings - Phone update - Check for updates. You need data connection to check, WiFi to download if its a big one.

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Just in case it helps somebody else - my phone kept getting really hot and burning through battery after Portico so I did a couple of things. One was to adjust the brightness to auto (it was set to high) - I believe that's fairly common. The other was to turn apps off that were working in the background all the time (CNN, Weather apps etc.) - the latter has made a massive difference. I just have BBC, Battery and Network Dashboard now, no problems. One of the main drains seemed to be gMaps

That is the very first thing that ALL sites tell you to do to improve battery life.

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
That is the very first thing that ALL sites tell you to do to improve battery life.
That may be, if only I had the time to browse through all those sites! I'd not seen it elsewhere.

Glad to know it annoyed you so much you felt the need to make a comment though

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
1. Front camera unchange, still take too smooth (almost blur) photo
2. Back camera unchange, many people said it's improved but I cant see any improvements
3. Battery consumption changed, after discharge from the wireless charging plate for 24hrs the battery percentage goes from 100% to 74%
4. Wifi connectivity changed, wifi disconnect when phone (screen) is locked fixed
5. Vibration then ring unchange, the vibration is only available 3 times when incoming call and stop to play ringtone. Hope to see vibration together with ringtone.
6. Volume control unchanged, still cant seperate the system volume media volume, notification volume, and ring volume yet.

Any others issued will be checked later.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

BudakCivic

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
1. Front camera unchange, still take too smooth (almost blur) photo
2. Back camera unchange, many people said it's improved but I cant see any improvements
3. Battery consumption changed, after discharge from the wireless charging plate for 24hrs the battery percentage goes from 100% to 74%
4. Wifi connectivity changed, wifi disconnect when phone (screen) is locked fixed
5. Vibration then ring unchange, the vibration is only available 3 times when incoming call and stop to play ringtone. Hope to see vibration together with ringtone.
6. Volume control unchanged, still cant seperate the system volume media volume, notification volume, and ring volume yet.

Any others issued will be checked later.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

So frust with vibrate function.

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
That may be, if only I had the time to browse through all those sites! I'd not seen it elsewhere.

Glad to know it annoyed you so much you felt the need to make a comment though

Ha ha, I'm so glad you found the time that you don't have to browse sites to respond to my comment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb