Improved Automatic Brightness After Portico Update

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice a marked improvement in responsiveness of automatic screen brightness after the Portico update?

My L920 always seemed to do a good job of increasing the screen brightness as needed but was terribly slow when it came to reducing brightness. I almost always had to manually flip auto-brightness off then on to use the phone in a darkened room.

Since the update its amazingly responsive! While walking my dog in town just now I could see the screen instantly respond as I passed under each streetlamp.

Amazing how something so small could give me such a big grin 😊

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the same experience before the update....screen looked like it was always set to high or med and would almost never go down if I went from a bright to dark room. I havent had time to experiment but I sure hope this update fixes this.

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Damn, I'm glad yours is working. Mine is really messed up. I've got a thread going about it. Mine randomly fades in and out in consistent light. To the point where I can't even read the screen.

John Kwon

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It's not an improvement. It's definitely hyper-sensitive since the update. If working properly, the changes should be subtle going between different light environments. We shouldn't even notice it. Now, the screen dims and brightens at just the slightest shade changes or at seemingly random times.

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I really like this feature. When I saw this thread l tested my phone in various shades of light. This feature works very well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6