Portico Update Bug List

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
There is a bug with "Find My Phone".

I have 2 920's (wife + me). Both same firmware, wiped at same time to factory reset and setup on same day.

In Settings, my phone shows "Find my phone" Off, despite when you click on it, it shows On. And when On there are no secondary check boxes. Hers shows different options.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My issues: Post Portico

1. Bluetooth in car radio. I have aftermarket Pioneer and phone will connect, no freezes after the update where it did before. However, I have to put in the pair code every time. My old 900 never needed to put in the code except the first pair. My bluetooth headset works fine.
2. Brightness on auto. Notice this happens in a dimly lit room more often. Tried the dark room calibration to no avail. Also, display does not reappear during phone call when pulled away from face. Noticed blowing into front camera near the sensor brings it back. This is definitely a sensor calibration issue.
3. Random battery drain. I've tried battery discharge and that seemed to help a bit. Still having drain issues on idle. I'll go to sleep at 100% and when I wake 6 hours later, I have 96% with Facebook app installed. If I delete Facebook, i'll wake to 100% after 6-7 hours of sleep. Settings are: no toast, no lockscreen backgrounds, no chat. Only things running in the background are Accuweather, Battery Status, and The Weather Channel.

Still have the Xbox music playlist/app sync issue, but that's a whole other can of worms...

If these things didn't exist and there was Instagram and Pandora apps available, constant battery reports instead of 30 minute updates, ability to drop down the battery level anywhere, actual sync to W8 that worked, inability to view/click on certain elements in Internet Explorer, (sites like Academy Sports and Wal mart where you try to enter in a zip code to find locations do not work), inability to view animated GIF files outside of the browser, (i.e. messaging app, in photo viewer, etc.) this might/could be the baddest phone ever.

Until then, i've debated going back to the darkside. Can't imagine how others feel.

Last edited:

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, at 10:30pm my Lumia 920 battery was at 79%, didn't charge overnight. Didn't Touch my phone until morning @1030am. Battery is now at 62% after 12 hours. Is it the battery or is it the update? Literally no background apps running. Fetch mail every 2 hours, WiFi off

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, had some light usage with Phone and finished after 12 hours around 78%. Today, took about 25 pictures with a few cinemagraphs. Uploaded all those pictures to Sky Drive. Downloaded two apps. Did about 30 minutes of news/internet browsing. Battery is 25% after 11 hours. Not sure if that's expected or battery just being inconsistent.

Last edited:

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Only issue after the update so far, is the brightening/dimming issue. Damn screen dims and brightens constantly , mostly under medium artificial lights. It seems to be fine in the sun, brightly white lit rooms, and dark room ( IE. movie theater, or room with just the tv on). Only issue I had with this before was blurry day time pictures; now it takes several shots to get a decent one, which is a bit better than before.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

RTGOD

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriends had GREAT battery life prior to and now she is complaining about it. I have the cyan and she has the yellow 920. My cyan one has sucked from the get-go (12 hours full charge), hers was terrific (1 day 14 hours) according to the settings screen.

Also, our phone restart a lot. I notice mine does more than hers, but I use mine more too. It has not locked up anymore though. I was having major lock up issues before Portico and has not locked up once (just maybe restarts now. Haha).

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My battery is fine however while connected to Bluetooth and listening to music on either Nokia music or Xbox music, once the song ends it stops from playing the next song. Turning off Bluetooth and playing the music through the speaker of the phone, it has no problem playing the next song up. Even skipping a song results in it not playing.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery has gotten worse since the update. I'm finding that just about anything I do causes the phone to warm up. Playing games makes the phone HOT, and surfing the internet and browsing some other apps warms up the phone. Battery drain is really noticeable after playing a game or browsing for just 10 or so minutes.

I don't recall complaining about this before Portico. With very minimal usage, I'm getting at least 18-20hrs, but with even moderate usage, it will usually die between 7-9pm (about 12 hours off charger)

Should I try to return? I'm on my second Lumia.

smileyh

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

this only happens to me when I use the physical button...maybe when you use the physical button you shake the phone a little? try to tap the screen instead of the button. it works better for me.

layfnatu2

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
My battery is fine however while connected to Bluetooth and listening to music on either Nokia music or Xbox music, once the song ends it stops from playing the next song. Turning off Bluetooth and playing the music through the speaker of the phone, it has no problem playing the next song up. Even skipping a song results in it not playing.Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
I have the Portico update and haven't encountered that issue when playing music using Bluetooth through either Nokia music or Xbox Music. I'm connecting to a Bose SoundLink speaker

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Question, I installed portico and then I flashed back due to battery issues. So now I go back to settings and search for software updates and portico doesn't appear, it says its up to date, I reinstalled portico basically then? How do I find out if I have portico already or old software?

ric2001

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
My battery experience:

Got my 920 on 12/17. Did Portico update the day after it came out. Installed apps and played around. Battery lasted over 4 days.
Went on Christmas vacation on 12/22. During that week, I had to charge phone around 3-4 times.
On 12/29, took it off charger in the am. Called AT&T because I wasn't getting MMS and they re-registered phone. I also noticed that Nokia Drive and Weather were enabled in background and took them off. Did a reset (volume + power). Battery lasted until 1/3 early evening (over 4 days).
I recharged the phone from 6 to around 9 that night (it said 100% charged but I thought that was weird since it was only 3 hours of charging). Anyway, took it off charger.
Next morning, noticed that it was at 56%. I let it run for a couple of hours to see what the battery drain was, got down to 46%. Did reset and battery now showed 64%.
The reset seemed to kill whatever was draining as I still have battery left this morning.
I'm going to see if it happens again after recharging the battery.

Not going to return this phone because I know of its potential. However, there's an app gone wild and/or os bug with the charging/battery level and subsequent drain. Resetting the phone after charging seems to fix the issue for me.

vanger12

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
..After the Portico update my youtube stop working. Error "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the Store?" Select Yes or No. Selected Yes, and answer: Sorry, no apps found. Youtube worded fine before the upgrade. What I do know is that if you selected the Desktop Version under Internel Explorer Website preference then Youtube will fail. If you selected Mobile Version under Internet Explorer Website preference than Youtube will play. Did anyone test this or you have their Youtube playable in both Preference? Thanks.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
..After the Portico update my youtube stop working. Error "You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the Store?" Select Yes or No. Selected Yes, and answer: Sorry, no apps found. Youtube worded fine before the upgrade. What I do know is that if you selected the Desktop Version under Internel Explorer Website preference then Youtube will fail. If you selected Mobile Version under Internet Explorer Website preference than Youtube will play. Did anyone test this or you have their Youtube playable in both Preference? Thanks.

I always use Mobile Youtube. It just looks soo much better. But actually just the other day I had to load a site as Desktop, and forgot to change it back, I loaded up a YouTube vid and it opened in Desktop mode. Pretty sure it worked no problem.

I do NOT have the "YouTube" "app" installed. I was PRETTY sure in WP7.0 you actually had to have it installed for some reason...even though it was just working from the website. But that was 2+ years ago, things have obviously changed.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having some very odd behaviour since the upgrade to Portico: the clock is slow by about 7'.

It is set to get the time automatically from the network but if I manually change it to the correct time then all my email accounts stop synchronising.

My wife who is on the same family package as me has no such problems with her godphone.

I have an EE UK variant used with a Virgin UK SIM, Portico is not yet available OTA for us so the flash process was used.

vanger12

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I always use Mobile Youtube. It just looks soo much better. But actually just the other day I had to load a site as Desktop, and forgot to change it back, I loaded up a YouTube vid and it opened in Desktop mode. Pretty sure it worked no problem.

I do NOT have the "YouTube" "app" installed. I was PRETTY sure in WP7.0 you actually had to have it installed for some reason...even though it was just working from the website. But that was 2+ years ago, things have obviously changed.

Thanks Curtieson, It was the Youtube app from MS that cause the failed after the portico update. I tested with IE and it worked fine. I also tried other Youtube broswer and Youtube played fine. Thanks again everyone for sharing your inputs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs