Portico Update Bug List

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Brilliant, thanks for that! Have used 3 votes also. It surprises me that this wasn't separated in the first place!

it is similar to the Visual Voice Mail (VVM) system...the sound isn't based on your call volume, it is based on your sounds volume, so for me it is impossible to hear.

WinPhone since the beginning has failed in that aspect. The "reads your texts" is an awesome feature, but if you are listening to music, the computer voice is impossible to understand so you have to turn it way up. Then as soon as you are done, your music blows your ear drums. It is very frustrating.

bennogf

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am getting an update notification which I assume to be the portico update, however, when it tries to download it will not go past 0% and eventually says that you need to be connected to Wi-Fi to download it. I am connected to Wi-Fi and I have tried not letting the screen time out, however, I have had no luck starting the download. Any tips?

Lumia 920, Telstra, Australia.

hamphlet

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Following previous post I found that dropping the max connection speed to 3G from 4G has indeed stopped the phone losing service. However another new issue sprang up last night. The phone switched itself off & wouldn't switch back on. I eventually found out that pressing & holding the on button & the volume down button at the same time for 10 seconds would bring it back to life & it did. Not good though. This never happened before Portico. May have to do a full hard reset.

PhotoAnt

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Finally got the Portico update today, 7 Feb 2013. I'm in Singapore...

So far everything seems to be ok, as before - have not test out the photos yet.

phize

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I updated to Portico yesterday and have already had a random reboot. Also my battery seems like ****, and I have issues with screen brightness.

sclmnn

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
hello everyone,

got Portico update few days back, previously my 920 was taking 30% battery from 5 in the morning off charge till 11 PM with 3G connection, corporate mails all the time synching etc and light to med use. Now after update, its 30% gone off 5 am till 1 PM. once i restart the screen is brighter, after coming out of sleep the brightness comes back to low which i have put as standard. anyone any idea whats goin on with battery?
can i not get back my old updates?

Thanks

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
hello everyone,

got Portico update few days back, previously my 920 was taking 30% battery from 5 in the morning off charge till 11 PM with 3G connection, corporate mails all the time synching etc and light to med use. Now after update, its 30% gone off 5 am till 1 PM. once i restart the screen is brighter, after coming out of sleep the brightness comes back to low which i have put as standard. anyone any idea whats goin on with battery?
can i not get back my old updates?

Thanks

I also have the brightness issue every time the phone restarts. it is a bug, but nothing that requires a break fix so we'll just have to deal with it for now...

I'd suggest a batter app like Battery Status or Battery Widget to help get an idea of the drain. It helps me see the change in slope and then I can remember "I opened XYZ app at that point" so I know that app does SOMETHING in the background that it shouldn't. Example, I found that if I leave the Weather app running under the lock screen that it drains the battery.

KwangChuan Tan

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh boy, I just did the update 6 hours back and Nokia music doesn't play any songs shown. It just plays at 0:00 and stay there. Then I left it for a while it froze at lock screen, so I did a soft reset and wow bugs came out like a lit up charismas tree! From Bluetooth issues, wifi, making calls... I did a hard reset and it still at the 2 gears screen. Never had so much problems with wp7 before.. Should I jump ship to other platforms?

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't get access to uservoice recently! Does uservoice restrict users from VietNam? Whenever I get to uservoice site, all I've got is "UserVoice is brewing a software update and is offline for a bit. Don’t worry, we’ll be back in a jiffy!"

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't get access to uservoice recently! Does uservoice restrict users from VietNam? Whenever I get to uservoice site, all I've got is "UserVoice is brewing a software update and is offline for a bit. Don’t worry, we’ll be back in a jiffy!"

i know azure was down yesterday. if the user voice functionality is tied to azure then that would explain it.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Should I jump ship to other platforms?

Maybe. Try getting a replacement first, if nothings fixed, best bet is to move to another platform.

I've had my 920 for 3 months, not TOO many problems besides the battery never lasting longer than 10h........... but i think ive waited too long to get a refund, so i'm just sticking with it for now as it is a great OS, maybe try HTC out in 2 yrs once my contract is up........LOLJKS htc.

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Bug on 920

Take a photo while capacitive buttons are on left side, it's now impossible to view them in pictures gallery as they are upwards and when you flip your phone, it still is upwards because WP reflips them

MrXiqbal

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
@Lilleverden I had exactly same issue after Portico update, my phone would reboot atleast 5 times an hour. Tried soft reset without any help, thought maybe that hard reset would fix this issue. But no, wheels kept spinning and nothing happened for like 6 hours. Had to let phone run out of battery, and take my phone back to my local dealer for fix. I've have to wait atleast 10 days till I get my phone back, or maybe a replacement. Thanks a lot Nokia/MS

Last edited:

lindgrenjocke

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My Windows Store doesn't show app updates on the live tile or when I enter the app. Only when I search for the apps it tells me that an update is available....
Anyone have a fix or the same problem? Happend after the Portorico update...

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Didn't see much improvements in the camera. But after the update, I got 2 'looks-like-bricked' situation on my thai 920. It just happened during lock screen without any signs. Power button cannot wake up the screen or turn on the phone. All I have to do is through reset: volume down + power. Anyone experienced this?

Another issue is the screen brightness. It suddenly become high brightness while the setting still shows low. So I need to set it again to fix it.

Mysterious battery drain still happens. When the signal is low (1-2 pcs), I have to turn off the 3G network. Otherwise, it will get hot itself.

Also another thing is, the phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99