Find my phone setting stuck

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently had to restore my phone when I was switching from google to outlook.com. During the restore I got stuck at the spinning cogs and had to do the firmware fix to get my phone working. Afterwards I noticed that no matter what setting I had find my phone on, it would show off once I backed out of the menu. It still works but I don't have access to any of the settings that pop up when its turned on. Anyone else having this issue?

dcliff

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue.
It states that the setting is off. When I try to switch it on, It says "on" but I do not see the additional settings.

Last edited:

usefulidiot81

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
im having the same issue. i restored to a replacement phone and noticed this. i also noticed that other settings looked slightly off. like some of the bold text within a setting was not bold or the text was a different shade of white. i can't stand how Microsoft does stuff like this. they won't even acknowledge this kind of issue. i'm pretty sure their programmers are hacks at writing code. they look at a finish product and don't see the discrepancies or inconsistencies. please post if anyone figures out what's going on here.

yes, it does still work. obviously an issue from restoration from the cloud. silly stuff.

Last edited:

dcliff

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I want to spend time setting things up after a reset. I have also noticed that app update notifications are not working anymore.
Sent from my RM-821_apac_hong_kong_234 using Board Express

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Also seeing the find my phone always set to off, but it is working (and if I go into the menu, it's set to "on" with no other options. I guess it's time to file a bug report, but at least that is the only oddball issue I'm having.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem, it is working, it's just some bug. App update notifications usually come in when you're on DATA and WIFI is OFF. I noticed this after not leaving my house all weekend with WIFI ON most of the time, and then as soon as I left home I got a bunch of app updates. Since then I consistently noticed that I get app update notifications while I'm out side and on DATA.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
FYI I just fixed this by hard resetting my phone using the three button method. Volume down + power + camera button. Not sure if phone needs to be off or not. I started with the soft reset but it got stuck at the spinning cogs again so I used the three buttons and the reset went through after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb