Updated and Battery is Worse!

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone setup exactly as before. No new apps, only have 3 apps in background tasks. My outlook email is set to as items arrive, NFC is off as well as Bluetooth and always on WiFi which I think is pointless, for me anyways. Only difference is portico.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I used the nokia care suite and "refurbished" my phone and now it's back to normal. 8 hours since last charge and still have 89% battery left.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
There is an option in the suite to "refurbish" the phone which is just erasing all the data in the phone and re-installing the latest windows phone 8 OS for the selected phone.

vingengo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If I were you, I would get a replacement.

I'm on my third one and so far so good. For the first week, I would let the battery drain all the way and then charge it to 100%.

cbrunn2

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just restarted my phone and everything went back to normal ... must of been something stuck running ... hopefully it doesn't make a habbit of it ... i was down to like 60% before 1 with barley any use , restarted ... and now it's 520 and i have 54% still ... well that's my story

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a huge battery drain problem before portico. And ever since I updated to portico its gone. My phone never even gets warm unless I'm charging it.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Amazing weather HD is not a fan of portico. Still more testing is required but I was losing like 1% every five minutes. Seems to be gone now

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I did have the same issue after the update. Great battery life before the update with typically >40% battery remaining at 10pm. After update it went down to the single digits at 6pm. Came here to find this thread. I did a soft reset and after the phone booted it showed 35%. Barely losing capacity. As some noted this probably is related to something that got stuck using up CPU and is fixed with a soft reset or reboot.
thank you

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a happy 920 before and after the update.

But, after update, each reboot results in screen being VERY bright, even though I do not have auto-brightness enabled. And I have it set to low.
Weird. So I have to switch it to medium or bright and then back to low to get it back to low.

Phone is gorgeous that bright. But i would rather have extended battery life than a suntan on my face. :)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a happy 920 before and after the update.

But, after update, each reboot results in screen being VERY bright, even though I do not have auto-brightness enabled. And I have it set to low.
Weird. So I have to switch it to medium or bright and then back to low to get it back to low.

Phone is gorgeous that bright. But i would rather have extended battery life than a suntan on my face. :)

have you tried to turn off sunlight readability under display+touch in settings? that changed the brightness behavior on mine.

PhilipArgy

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Drive is usually the culprit - make sure your Settings/Background Tasks are off for everything you don't want to run behind the scenes and battery life will go up considerably. I went from 4.5 hours and a permanently warm phone to 12 hours battery life and a cool phone by doing that!

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Drive is usually the culprit - make sure your Settings/Background Tasks are off for everything you don't want to run behind the scenes and battery life will go up considerably. I went from 4.5 hours and a permanently warm phone to 12 hours battery life and a cool phone by doing that!

Warm is normal with heavy usages? Warm doesn't affect battery life right? (Just curious)

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
have you tried to turn off sunlight readability under display+touch in settings? that changed the brightness behavior on mine.

Was hoping that worked. But after reboot the phone was back to high although still set to low.

Not a big deal. Just strange after update. I rarely reboot. The update itself was the first one in a couple of weeks.

Thanks though!

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have Nokia drive installed prior to the update but the update installed it and that's when I noticed the major drain on my phone even thou I never opened it. I removed it and I'm currently monitoring the phones usage.

RickFelt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My batter life has turned into complete and utter trash since the update. I hardly talked on the phone and send texts back and forth for a few hours and a little bit of IE browsing and it died within 7 hours. I bought this phone a week after it came out. Is there any chance I can exchange it for another one even though that 30 days has well passed?

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My batter life has turned into complete and utter trash since the update. I hardly talked on the phone and send texts back and forth for a few hours and a little bit of IE browsing and it died within 7 hours. I bought this phone a week after it came out. Is there any chance I can exchange it for another one even though that 30 days has well passed?

I doubt it. If you upgraded the phone and the problems persisted, you'll need to call AT&T to have them rollback your upgrades after you stated your problems that makes you keep exchanging phones. I did and it works but depends on the reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon