Anyone else have a dead camera flash after Portico update?

quinndupont

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the camera flash on my Lumia 920 just happened to die at the same time as the Portico update, but has anyone else experienced issues?

gamenlegend

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell if the focus assist light is broken or night. Is it always to supposed to stay on until you take the picture? Or does it flash for that brief second to highlight the area? If it's the latter then mine no longer works correctly.

xenoglyph

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Flash is working fine for me, and focus assist is working the same as it did before the update....just turns on a for a second.

I saw this post before I did the update though, so before I used my camera I went in system settings > camera and did a camera reset. Not sure it that did anything for me or not as I didn't test the camera before doing that.

danyl27

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The flash just went out on my 920 also.. For every good thing about this phone there are two bad things... Its just annoying.

SilentZero

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue here, settings reset, soft reset, hard reset doesn't work. Focus and flash doesn't work, and neither does the flashlight app.

SilentZero

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who had this problem get it solved? Mine still isn't working, about to bring it in for repairs even if it is software, this is annoying.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This could be caused by two things , the first Flash is known to be broken in some new Lumia 920 so this is normal and exchanging the phone would be the best way to go .

As for people who's focus assist is always on or always off (but works in forced flash) after portico update it might be related to the brightness sensor bug(known bug in Portico, which indecently determines if the focus assist is needed or not , it also determines white balance settings too , So please make sure you don't cover the proximity sensor while taking pictures.
have a good day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre