Telstra & International Lumia 920 users please read

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just updated my 920 to portico via Nokia Care Suite. I used the Belgium rom and it works fine. Before I flashed it I was comparing the two frequencies of the 2 carriers via Wikipedia and seeing as Telstra uses the 1800mhz band for their 4G it is compatible :wink:.

It was painless to do, Nokia Care Suite does it all for you. no need for navifirm.

Anyways I hope this helps someone who like me, is disappointed with Telstra not having a roadmap in place for Portico.

Enjoy :wink::grin:

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sure, so in "Nokia Care Suite" what you want to do is launch "Product Support Tool for Store"

1. Plug in your 920.
  2. Click "File" in the top left and select "Open Product"
  3. In the filter type "rm-821" and press "open"
  4. In the bottom left of the Product support tool click "Programming" and select "recovery"
  5. Click "Find Online" and select the Belgium firmware. Click "Download" (Depending on your connection it may take a while. The file size is 1.32GB)
  6. Once the firmware has completed, select "Update List" (The Belgium firmware will now be listed)
  7. Select the new firmware and press "Start" at the bottom of the window
  8. Follow the instructions on the screen if your 920 does not automatically enter recovery mode
  9. Wait for the flash to finish

Updating will take roughly 5-10minutes and your Lumia 920 will reboot when it is complete

it is now running the Portico update :)

James Souter

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that Jason. I tried it but couldn't seem to get my Australian Microsoft account to register. Kept saying there was weak or no signal. Wifi and 3G were working perfectly and all other accounts would add but not the main one!

So I went back to the Telstra Rom. Can you notice the quality increase in the Camera (the main reason I want to upgrade)?

djdurance#WP

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Two questions: do we know exactly which lte and wcdma bands this enables? Can I switch back to my rom? I have a Lumia 920_apec_vietnam_231.

Thanks for posting this!

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Cannot flash my phone. Keeps getting an error... Proximus only has black and yellow. My L920 is white. Any tips?
The color shouldn't make a difference. I had problems flashing on a Windows 7 64-bit system, but it worked on a 32-bit system. Otherwise, it took me several times to get the computer to begin the update, so just keep trying and if it doesn't work, try on another computer if you can. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte