Solved: Switching to 3G only after Portico

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The props go to JREED3000 for this tip. I thought we should put it in it's own thread to give it some attention.

After the portico update you can still set your 920 to 3G only by entering ##3282 (they dropped the last "#") and press 'call' at the end. Then go the field test, turn off ENS and reboot (important). Finally back to field test and the switch will stick.

jreed3000

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
For anyone reading this - you can make ##3282 a contact, then pin the contact to your start page, and it essentially becomes a nice quick button to go between 3g, 2g, and auto.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Do you just call it again to switch to another? We don't have LTE here but we have 4G(fauxG) and i find the 3G to be just as fast. if that would help with some battery life by keeping it off the 4G radio that might be worth doing.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you just call it again to switch to another? We don't have LTE here but we have 4G(fauxG) and i find the 3G to be just as fast. if that would help with some battery life by keeping it off the 4G radio that might be worth doing.

Yep. You can go back in at anytime and switch it

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

if you are only in an HSPA+ area you gain no benefit by turning off LTE, as the phone is attaching itself to the HSPA+ and isn't seeking LTE.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
if you are only in an HSPA+ area you gain no benefit by turning off LTE, as the phone is attaching itself to the HSPA+ and isn't seeking LTE.

how does it know LTE isn't available? What if LTW becomes available.... you are saying your phone wont connect to it because it wasn't looking for it?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well, when LTE does become available in your area it will connect to it and then your battery life will plummet. Then you will need to use the switch trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium