Phone numbers gone

pzoli

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have yesterday switched from Android to my new HTC 8x. Transfer seemed to be smooth, I have linked my Google account and also contacts seemed to be OK. However couple of contacts simply show an empty profile, whereas others I cannot find under contacts, only if I search google contacts - despite having linked google contacts to be in the contacts list. Anyone can help?

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have yesterday switched from Android to my new HTC 8x. Transfer seemed to be smooth, I have linked my Google account and also contacts seemed to be OK. However couple of contacts simply show an empty profile, whereas others I cannot find under contacts, only if I search google contacts - despite having linked google contacts to be in the contacts list. Anyone can help?

I have the same issue with some contacts having no info and some the number shows up in another field like "notes" so I can't call them unless I change that. It must be an issue with syncing with Google. I'm not sure if there are any missing contacts though.

pzoli

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Do you mean if the contacts are OK in google? Yes, they are perfectly working. How can you transfer all google contacts to people? Does this mena that once you have done that and they are working fine in outlook you do not have to link to your google account?

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
If your description for phone, email or mailing address aren't mobile, work, home or other EAS will ignore those entries.

If you've customized those entry descriptions in Gmail Contacts, change them all back. Delete the data in Outlook, link your accounts again and it should all work.

pzoli

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If your description for phone, email or mailing address aren't mobile, work, home or other EAS will ignore those entries.

If you've customized those entry descriptions in Gmail Contacts, change them all back. Delete the data in Outlook, link your accounts again and it should all work.

Yes, I think this is the case, but it is quite time consuming to check which of the 750 contacts has this issue. Quite annoying, but I guess I have to live with it.

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I think this is the case, but it is quite time consuming to check which of the 750 contacts has this issue. Quite annoying, but I guess I have to live with it.
It is a pain, and if you switched to WP8 you are going to have to deal with it. Microsoft refuses to add support for CardDAV, and that's what would need to happen for your contacts to import properly.

My Lumia is pretty useless with on 30 or so of the 400 contacts that are on my Nexus.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Board Express Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs