Lumia 920 lags, stutters + Direct3d "Cube test"

Melus Haque

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I had gotten my Lumia 920 almost two weeks ago, and I'm starting to take notice of some lagging in the browser.

I might be a bit too sensitive...and I'm worried sick about the device being defective. It could be that really I don't know what to expect...

It happens in any page with a lot of images, like the Youtube desktop webpage with some magnification. Needless to say that the phone gets a bit hot

Could anyone do me the favour of checking out the Youtube page and trying out the Direct3D/XNA cube test from the app "Diagnostics Toolset" from the marketplace and posting the results? My 920 performs pretty bad in that...

Thank in advance

tumaykilinc

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just tested the Direct3d cube test, it went so smooth first time i ran it. Then it started to lag, but when you swipe your finger on the screen when it lags, it goes smooth again. If you keep swiping it's like never lagging. I don't get why though.

Melus Haque

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, same here! When I swipe, it lags just a tiny bit.

So I'm not alone, then...I guess I got more worried because I didn't know anyone else here with a Lumia 920 with whom I could compare too...

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I just tested the Direct3d cube test, it went so smooth first time i ran it. Then it started to lag, but when you swipe your finger on the screen when it lags, it goes smooth again. If you keep swiping it's like never lagging. I don't get why though.

Because the cpu switches to a lower speed when it goes "idle" - so your battery lasts longer? Touching the screen means you're there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte