Issue with Rogers unlocked Lumia 920

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I wanted to ask others their experience with Lumia 920 (Rogers version) with LTE Service.

I have LTE service with Telus in the area where I live. I get excellent LTE service with my Samsung Galaxy sIII.

The LTE service with the Lumia 920 does not seem as good, Galaxy always seem to have LTE, Lumia reverts back to 4G much of the time.

I have settings set to LTE

Questions:

Is there a better radio that could be flashed for the Lumia 920, Rogers uses Band 4 (AWS 1700) for their LTE the same as Telus?

Is there a setting in the phone is "tune" the radio to work better with Telus LTE service?

Is this something I need to "suck it up" since it is a unlocked phone?:eck:

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a Rogers unit, still locked to Rogers. The signal strength is considerably less than my old BB Torch. With the BB I had full 3G everywhere in my house, including the basement. With L920, I only get 2 or 3 bars, whether I am on LTE or manually force it to 3G. In the basement, it can completely loose the signal.
Sometimes when I place a call, it can take 30 seconds on the "Dialing..." screen, before I actually hear the phone at the other end ring.
I guess the radio is not that good, but not sure if i can be tweaked by the user.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have an international L920, using Fido. Can't seem to even get LTE at all... Granted I don't have the AWS-1700 band, but still. Highest I hit was H+.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs