How do I turn off the visual voicemail prompt?

jontyrees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi - every time I hit the Phone tile, I get the prompt asking me to enter my Visual Voicemail password. It's not a huge deal, as I can just hit cancel, and it goes away, but it's mildly irritating. How do I turn it off, and then how do I go about getting to my VV when I want to?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you actually saying "my phone keeps asking me to setup visual voicemail, but I keep refusing to do so. How do I access visual voicemail?"

If so, I'd recommend setting it up when prompted. That will stop the phone from asking again. Then, once it is setup, you'll be able to pivot to the voicemail tab to see and hear your messages.

(I'm not trying to be snarky, but your messages does sound a bit like old "doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this." joke.)

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You may need to set up your voicemail number on the phone. I had to manually enter the voicemail number (the number called to access my voicemail inbox) on my Lumia 920 when I first got it. You can find the voicemail number in your old phone's settings. In your Lumia, go to "Settings", "Applications", "Phone", and you should be able to enter your voicemail number in there.

After that, when your the visual voicemail prompt returns, you can enter your password for your voicemail inbox, or if you don't have one, just hit "enter" and you should be good to go.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You may need to set up your voicemail number on the phone. I had to manually enter the voicemail number (the number called to access my voicemail inbox) on my Lumia 920 when I first got it. You can find the voicemail number in your old phone's settings. In your Lumia, go to "Settings", "Applications", "Phone", and you should be able to enter your voicemail number in there.

After that, when your the visual voicemail prompt returns, you can enter your password for your voicemail inbox, or if you don't have one, just hit "enter" and you should be good to go.

i had the same thing happen to me, what you just mentioned work for me as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12