Nokia 920 GPS

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i hope it is good for that i am hoping to carry my phone as a gps while i'm out in the woods. it was one of the main selling points for me along with the camera otherwise i will leave the phone at home and carry the gps and a camera. i was looking for a all in one unit. shure would be nice to know.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
nokia phones always has dedicated gps and now included glonass as well. I get a lock less than 10 sec in a car.

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the GPS is very good. I live in the top floor of an apartment building and I get GPS fix very easily inside my apartment. With Tomtom nav. I usually have to go to balcony to get a fix.

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
the problem i have with the navigation though is that when it's very cloudy (usually that's when the error happens), my car doesn't move at all in the app although I have travelled miles. That's annoying because there is no warning at all when that happens. No voice prompts of GPS signal loss.

Am I the only one with that problem?

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
the problem i have with the navigation though is that when it's very cloudy (usually that's when the error happens), my car doesn't move at all in the app although I have travelled miles. That's annoying because there is no warning at all when that happens. No voice prompts of GPS signal loss.

Am I the only one with that problem?
I have that happened but it have nothing to do with the weather. For me it's like when you get the route set up and you hit the home screen to do something else(music lets say) with the Nokia disabled in background, it has a chance to do that when you hold the back button and get back to Nokia drive from there. It feels more like a software thing. I never had that happened with Nokia dirve enabled in background
Sent from Lumia 920

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have that happened but it have nothing to do with the weather. For me it's like when you get the route set up and you hit the home screen to do something else(music lets say) with the Nokia disabled in background, it has a chance to do that when you hold the back button and get back to Nokia drive from there. It feels more like a software thing. I never had that happened with Nokia dirve enabled in background
Sent from Lumia 920

well, i am quite sure mine happened while i was driving and looking at GPS for directions...it was moving, then it didn't update anymore and i realised it a bit too late haha...and what's worse was it happened thrice (twice during cloudy conditions, once was normal conditions BUT i did something else WITH nokia disabled in background and went back to it)

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The normal issues with GPS happen to the 920, but it seems no worse than other phone GPS devices.

Buildings, bad weather, anything else blocking the sky...

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
im not really too concerned with the on road experience, i am wondering how well it would do here in alaska, a lot of times i'm on the highway and there wont be a signal for 50 or 60 miles, and it gets worse off the beaten path. one reason i am going with a 920 is my nokias always had way better reception than my 3-gs.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
im not really too concerned with the on road experience, i am wondering how well it would do here in alaska, a lot of times i'm on the highway and there wont be a signal for 50 or 60 miles, and it gets worse off the beaten path. one reason i am going with a 920 is my nokias always had way better reception than my 3-gs.

if you download the maps over wifi so they are saved on the phone then it won't matter if you have no signal because it will still work because it wont need signal to download maps as you'll already have them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo