New To Windows Phone From WebOS Have some Questions

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I have recently moved to Windows Phone 8 from WebOS and have a few questions regarding the Applications and Customization in Phone.
These questions may have been asked in past but I was not able to find them.

1. Is there any Call Recording Software for WP8, if yes does it works on Lumia 920?
2. Are there any Community Based Apps For WP / WP8 and can we install them, WebOS we have many Apps that are developed by individuals and we can use PreWare to download them?
3. Are there any Customization Patches like to enable Wifi / Bluetooth / Etc in 1 touch and not by going through setting everytime?
4. Any alternate market apart from Windows Phone Market
5. Any customization for buttons and or functions in App like Email / SMS / ETC
6. Calender for Tile with Month View.

Regards,
:devil:

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe the answer is no to all of those. Except call forwarding, I thought that was dependent on carrier.
Welcome to Windows Phone, it may be a bit frustrating and disappointing at times as I'm sure you are finding out already.
WP OS is a very locked down OS where MS locks down alot of things, preventing devs from giving us more goodness.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You lose a lot of that stuff you mentioned on WebOS going to Windows Phone 8. The problem is you are moving away from a heavier dev supported community to one that has to work within the confines of Windows Phone and the limitations therein. Curious, what made you take the plunge from WebOS to Windows Phone?

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You lose a lot of that stuff you mentioned on WebOS going to Windows Phone 8. The problem is you are moving away from a heavier dev supported community to one that has to work within the confines of Windows Phone and the limitations therein. Curious, what made you take the plunge from WebOS to Windows Phone?

I still love webos.
My veer started auto formatting itself from past 2 - 3 Months.
It autoformats itself randomly every few days.
Veer has a small battery and it went smaller by 75% due to wear and tear and gives me hardly a 4 - 6 hrs backup on data, with hardly 2 - 3 calls.
I have a Galaxy S, HTC One S but gave it to my brother as I dint like android compared to webOS.
Dont like iPhone as well, for some reason its too much overpriced for an ugly interface.
I wanted a sturdy phone with wireless charging (WebOS Made Me Lazy :love:) and Lumia 920 looked like the best option.
I then checked the Calendar and Email Client of Windows Phone 7.5 and liked the look and feel for the same, seriously speaking those are my primary functions.
I did like Windows Phone 8 but still nothing beats webOS, if HP would have not shut its division, I would have loved to stay with webOS.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe the answer is no to all of those. Except call forwarding, I thought that was dependent on carrier.
Welcome to Windows Phone, it may be a bit frustrating and disappointing at times as I'm sure you are finding out already.
WP OS is a very locked down OS where MS locks down alot of things, preventing devs from giving us more goodness.

Thanks alot folks for providing me all the answers I was looking for.
Its ok, I understand every OS works differently, webOS was a highly customizable OS with limited apps for the same reason as it was confined by HP and Developers never got the codes they are looking for.

BTW I was looking for a Call Recorder App, not the Call Forwarder I think you misunderstood.
I never had that app in webOS due to the limitations HP had put on code availability.
It would just have been a good add on to have such an app.
I wont Whine if we dont have it, :wink:

I think this topic could be closed.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
There are several former webOS users here. I agree, if HP hadn't screwed up and continued the support, I would still be there. I really wanted the Pre3. I still have two Touchpad here in the house. WP is as close to webOS as we're going to get. I think the more WP8 is developed the better it will get. There will be a few differences between the two os', just be open-minded about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss