Any good battery status apps?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded Battery Status by Tomasz W...it's horrible. Tile doesn't change info unless you open the app. The info is inconsistent as heck. I charged my phone to full, took it off charger...it immediately says 97% and has been off charger for 3 minutes. WTF?

It never gives me accurate info and the tile is NOT live. Any suggestions for an alternative?

oscargodson

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
That's the best. The reason why it doesn't seem live is because MSFT only allows you, as an app dev, to check the battery status every 30 minutes. Not sure why, but that's the problem.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
"Battery Level for WP8" by Alex Golesh. Never let me down and cost less than a candy bar. Always receiving updates!

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery level by Alex golesh is horrible, but that's due to it draining my battery. I've specifically tested the app on my 920, and it drains my battery like crazy. My experience of course, yours may be different.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery level by Alex golesh is horrible, but that's due to it draining my battery. I've specifically tested the app on my 920, and it drains my battery like crazy. My experience of course, yours may be different.

Exactly the reason I got rid....
At first, the app was ok. But the last update caused massive battery drain.

garrymcd

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Had great battery life. Installed battery level and had crap battery life. Uninstalled battery level and went back to great battery life. YMMV.

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
battery status by tomasz w. seems to be working well for me. the only trick is to make sure that the background task for that app is enabled -- that way your live tile will show your batt lvl in real time. for me it doesn't seem to drain the battery much.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

WOW that's insane. What do you use instead (just wondering, mine has no battery drain so I can't relate, I get 15+ hours extreme heavy usage).

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
WOW that's insane. What do you use instead (just wondering, mine has no battery drain so I can't relate, I get 15+ hours extreme heavy usage).

I use the settings to be honest lol, I don't find a big need for the battery level tile. I did get a replacement phone though, my old one consistently overheated. Hopefully the Alex golesh app works with this one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans