getting tired of developers leaving

Benjamin Mendez1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Getting tired of developers leaving when is windows phone going to pick up? Tired of not getting apps like other platforms. I feel like sometimes I'm just wasting my time. MS needs to do more. Don't get me wrong I love windows phone. I've been with windows since I first had my first phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: getting tired

I don't really see anything essential missing from the platform.. instagram and pandora are the only two, but considering that you have xbox pass and nokia music, pandora is kind of redundant..

Benjamin Mendez1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Well not just that but everyone wants different apps. I want a mint app, dish network, fox soccer app, and many more like hotschedules, instagram. Everyone has different needs in apps and unless they're on high demand no one is gonna make them.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Developers follow the money and the fun/praise. Both come from having more users. Something separate from a giant app store attracted you to Windows Phone. Tell your friends what it was that brought you here. If they follow you, and tell their friends, the developers will follow.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

it is just a phone man , just relax ... everything needs time , if you can't enjoy it ,just sell it and get something you like ,believe me you don't want to have an elevated high pressure over a phone :wink: !

LordXaero

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

My only gripe is that there isn't Instagram, and even then, that's a minor gripe. I'm a three and a half year iPhone veteran, coming from the first gen iPhone, then making a huge leap with the iPhone 4. I switched to Windows Phone recently and love it. If it had Instagram, it'd be the perfect cake.

Maybe one day we will see Instagram on WP. Until' then, I'll just use my iPhone to browse around when I'm at home.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My only gripe is that there isn't Instagram, and even then, that's a minor gripe. I'm a three and a half year iPhone veteran, coming from the first gen iPhone, then making a huge leap with the iPhone 4. I switched to Windows Phone recently and love it. If it had Instagram, it'd be the perfect cake.

Maybe one day we will see Instagram on WP. Until' then, I'll just use my iPhone to browse around when I'm at home.

Remember Instagram = an iOS social network. It's irrelevant outside of that given there are other photo filter apps.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't really see anything essential missing from the platform..

- Dropbox
- Sonos (phonos sucks)
- Spotify
- native Facebook app (not the half-assed one made by Microsoft)
- Instapaper
- Slingplayer
- Google+
- GMail (and all other Google Apps, for that matter)
- Tapatalk (board express sucks, too)

From the mainstream apps I use regularly, about half are missing.

That's the reason why I have to continue using my N4 as my daily driver despite the fact that I like my Lumia a lot better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

- Dropbox
- Sonos (phonos sucks)
- Spotify
- Instapaper
- Slingplayer
- Google+

That's the reason why I have to continue using my N4 as my daily driver despite the fact that I like my Lumia a lot better.

Spotify is coming, but you can forget about the native Facebook and Google apps.

Benjamin Mendez1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I was hoping they would catch up sooner I've been with windows since the palm Treo than htc pro than another Treo, htc hd2, htc hd7 and now the 920. I'm very patient.

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

- Dropbox

- Google+
If you're tied into Google apps I'd suggest changing ecosystems as Google is dumping all support for WP8 and I don't expect that will change.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

My main problem is we are losing alot of devs who have been on Wp7 and are now bailing on the platform just as WP8 released.

That is my main problem, MS can't keep the devs they already have let alone getting new ones.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

- Dropbox
- Sonos (phonos sucks)
- Spotify
- Instapaper
- Slingplayer
- Google+

Please don't take this post as Another "You are wrong because you're not a true WP-lover stupid fandroid-dude"-post which unfortunately is overwhelming these forums as of late. But here's my 5 cents.

1. Get rid of your Google-services. I know it's hard, but after a year of hard work, the only Google-service I still use in private is Youtube.

That would make your list:

Dropbox - Skydrive is better in 99% of the cases.
Sonos - Sorry, I don't use Sonos so I have no alternative for you here.
Spotify - Is incoming according to Spotify, in the meanwhile you have MetroRadio, Nokia Music and Xbox Music.
Facebook - What are you missing in the built-in Facebook?
Instapaper - Never Heard of.
Slingplayer - Are slingboxes still around?
Tapatalk - What's wrong with Board Express?

tampacoder

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
RE: getting tired

I'm not sure why people expect a mobile platform with 3% or so market share to compete the other two giants when it comes to apps. Actually, with that market share I think they are doing quite well when it comes to apps in the market. If you bought a WP because if the apps, then that was a mistake. I bought it because I love the platform. Its different from the others which is refreshing. Trust me, if the market share goes up to 15%, then the apps will come if it means more money for the developers.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb