Is there finally support for a bluetooth keyboard on the Lumia 920

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth keyboard is a functionality that is sorely missing from Windows Phone 7--

Is it on WP8?

I currently have a Lumia 900, but I'd happily jump to a 920 if that is the case- it really makes taking notes at meetings so much easier-

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorely missed? I've never even seen someone do that with a phone, Android, iOS, or Windows Phone.

yeah I've done it even with a wm6.x phone... Bluetooth profiles for wm8 don't seem to include hid so no keyboard. don't miss it on a phone these days, that's what the tablet is for :)

Patpar

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone 8.0

Microsoft still need to catch up on the basics, Bluetooth keyboard support exists on iPhone iOS and Android and has time some time now, Android actually supports integrated keyboard mouse support over Bluetoothnow that's impressive. You'd think MS would realize how killer office apps, the Skydrive with external keyboard support would be! *Blind to the obvious, MS if this is not going to be included pls let me know so I can eBay my new Lumia 920 sooner rather than later. The last time I used an MS portable device was Pocket PC PDA, more lately switched from iPhone 4, thought MS was ready to take on the Smart Device market....

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
While it was totally gimmicky for me on an N8, it was funny how it would support even wired mouse and keyboard with the USB OTG feature. Was funny using the phone with a mouse the whole 2 minutes I bothered :D

But I guess with Office-apps it could make a LITTLE sense. At least I would include it if I was MS, although I don't see why most people would do it on a phone. The people who need to do that probably use a tablet or a laptop for it then. I sure wouldnt bother writing on my stuff on a phone. Small edits etc are doable on the touch screen.

Freakstudios

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
the whole idea of an external keyboard is you effectively DOUBLE screen size... as well as type twice as fast.
Is it really a debate over what the advantages are??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos