Spinning cogs solved!!!!

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just managed to make it out of the infinite spinning cogs that occurs when you hard reset the phone via the about menu. Most people try and soft reset after it gets stuck and end up needing to do the firmware fix. All I did was do the built in hard reset and was able to get it unstuck. You do this by holding down the volume down button, power, and camera until the phone vibrates. It goes to the spinning cogs again but within a minute or two made it past it instead of getting stuck. Hopefully this helps someone out!

Last edited:

benners76

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My cogs have been spinning for 40 mins. How long did you wait until you performed the volume down/power/camera button reset?

benners76

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... Cogs have been spinning since last night and nothing seems to help. Battery drained completely, plugged it in and it picked right up with spinning cogs. Next step will be to get on w/Nokia Care. Looks like I'll be spending Christmas with my 900. =P

benners76

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep... Tried the three button option and nothing. Have seen the forum post on how to fix bricked 920 but have been hesitant b/c I only have my work laptop and downloading from those sites looks sketchy.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea I've done the that guys guide too. It worked but broke my "find my phone" function. Upon resetting the device again I got the spinning cogs AGAIN and did the three button reset and it got me past it. Are you sure you're pressing all three and not doing the two button soft reset?

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This is what Nokia Care told me to do the other day when my phone did this...

Try to reset, with the phone off, press power then immediately press & hold Vol down, an "!" mark will appear on display ^GS

When "!" shows, press ff. keys in order: Vol up> vol down > Power > Vol down. This will return phone back to factory sett ^GS

Worked for me, phone booted right up.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work for me. Mine's dead. It's getting sent back to Nokia anyway and I was just trying to delete all my personal info, won't bother flashing it.

hyderaly

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Benner
Did you get the cog wheels with a drained battery sorted out? I can do a hard reset without sufficient battery and the 920 wouldn't charge with the cogs showing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea