How much battery life should I be getting?

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 920 since early November and I returned the first one to ATT I had because the battery was bad and the back was hot. I got a new one and the back wasn't as hot and the battery wasn't as bad. I've still yet to get a day worth of light/moderate use out of the phone though. The other day, I charged the battery up to 90% and it drained to 25% in about three hours of internet and a few games which were backed out to close. I tried hard resetting, the open every app thing. The only kind of fix was the open every app thing. That kept the back from getting really hot.

I run three background processes. They are Paper Shuffle, Accuweather, and Battery Status. My email updates daily, and everything is off with the exception of cellular data and WiFi. We just got the update in the WB/Scranton area for LTE, but that hasn't really changed anything since the upgrade. At a full charge, my best prediction was a day and 15 hours. I've come nowhere close to that though.

Any experiences like mine, or am I just expecting too much out of the phone?

Other than that, I'm an ex-iPhone 4 user never going back.

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Skype installed? If so, uninstall it. I easily get full day use out of mine. Most days I get home from work with it above 80% (light use at work). I use it much more once off of work and usually plug in when I go to bed at 40% or more. So, that's unplugging between 5:30-6:00 in the morning and plug in around 10:00-11:00 at night. I have 2 email set to sync as arrive, and one more set to 2 hours. Facebook on push, Words by post coming in by push, and kik messenger with push (I notice a battery difference with this one). One thing I might suggest is to run the battery all the way down and then charge it for at least 10 hours. Should help it out.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is getting hot, something is keeping the CPU running full speed for extended periods.

Settings/Applications/background - what's running? What has access to run in the background?

If nothing is running all the time in the background, you should easily get 1 day of use (~5 hours of actual "I am using the phone to do something hard like play a game or watch a video streamed over wifi or LTE, or 6-7 hours of talk time") use. For some people that's 1 day, others 2 days, still others, about half a day :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99