Stand or plate (or pillow?!)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
MetroTime is a clock that stays on because you can disable the lockscreen in the app settings. It's a pretty sexy app too, I've been using it for months (using typographic option).
MetroTime | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
Hey that's my go-to clock app for WP7, just downloaded on my L920, but still haven't paid for it..
Also I find Gravity Clock awesome, though at first felt pretty silly paying for it, it made a few of my friends jealous xD

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought the stand because they had it in the Microsoft store at the time and I really wanted wireless charging. Later, the Fatboy went on sale at Verizon and I picked it up for $59.99. It arrives today. I'll post back my impressions after it arrives.

Update: Ha! Fatboy arrived right after I posted this. It's a little bigger than I expected, but not too bad. If you're expecting a "pillow-like" quality to it, you'll be disappointed. You can feel the hard platform just below the surface. It honestly just feels like one of Nokia's standard plates covered by a cloth with some stuffing. In fact, it is a standard Nokia plate. You can slide it out of the bag and just use like that. Meh. It charges the phone and it's different, I suppose.

Overall, I'm a tad disappointed. Not even sure why the marketed this as a different product at all. They could have just sold the "Fatboy Bag" for $9.99.

Last edited:

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought the stand because they had it in the Microsoft store at the time and I really wanted wireless charging. Later, the Fatboy went on sale at Verizon and I picked it up for $59.99. It arrives today. I'll post back my impressions after it arrives.

Update: Ha! Fatboy arrived right after I posted this. It's a little bigger than I expected, but not too bad. If you're expecting a "pillow-like" quality to it, you'll be disappointed. You can feel the hard platform just below the surface. It honestly just feels like one of Nokia's standard plates covered by a cloth with some stuffing. In fact, it is a standard Nokia plate. You can slide it out of the bag and just use like that. Meh. It charges the phone and it's different, I suppose.

Overall, I'm a tad disappointed. Not even sure why the marketed this as a different product at all. They could have just sold the "Fatboy Bag" for $9.99.
Wow thanks for this. Seems like everyone feels the same about the pillow. So it's really just a cover that goes over the plate? Hmm.. for $49 I would get it, but I doubt we will ever see that price here in Canada, so I guess I'll just stick with my stand for now.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
MetroTime is a clock that stays on because you can disable the lockscreen in the app settings. It's a pretty sexy app too, I've been using it for months (using typographic option).
MetroTime | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Thanks for the heads-up. I thought I looked at every clock out there. Maybe it didn't come up in my original search because its in the UK store. But I found it and am trying it. Not real fond of the clock faces but it does seem to work and that's the main thing.

Anyway, thanks again.

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
In fact, it is a standard Nokia plate. You can slide it out of the bag and just use like that. Meh. It charges the phone and it's different, I suppose.

Or if you're handy, or if you have a handy girlfriend/wife/mother, you could have a nice charger-pillow made however you like to suit your deco, no need to pay 10 bucks for a "Nokia textile bag"...

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the charging stand today. There was also an update to the Nokia Accessories today. So I'm not sure if the "Weather & Calendar" option is new or not. I've seen unboxing videos and the charging stand set up didn't have this option before. Anyway, I really like the stand. I wish it was about half the price, but other than that no complaints.

About Weather & Calendar. I have this option in the accessories setup (along with all of the other apps on the phone to launch via NFC tap). It shows a huge clock and a weather icon with temp. Once enabled, the screen stays on and unlocked. It is a screen saver and moves around every 30 seconds or so. One really nice feature of this accessory app is that when it is running, you can swipe up or down to adjust the brightness...nice touch!

If you already had the stand and were looking for a clock app, see if the update gave you another option for Weather & Calendar.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the charging stand today. There was also an update to the Nokia Accessories today. So I'm not sure if the "Weather & Calendar" option is new or not. I've seen unboxing videos and the charging stand set up didn't have this option before. Anyway, I really like the stand. I wish it was about half the price, but other than that no complaints.

About Weather & Calendar. I have this option in the accessories setup (along with all of the other apps on the phone to launch via NFC tap). It shows a huge clock and a weather icon with temp. Once enabled, the screen stays on and unlocked. It is a screen saver and moves around every 30 seconds or so. One really nice feature of this accessory app is that when it is running, you can swipe up or down to adjust the brightness...nice touch!

If you already had the stand and were looking for a clock app, see if the update gave you another option for Weather & Calendar.
This was just discovered in the Accessories Update? thread in 920 forum too. Awesome new feature after the update but it heats up the phone a lot to the point that my phone restarted twice. (not entirely sure if that's the cause but yeah my phone shuts off and start again 2 times already, so I stopped the screensaver for now..)

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought a red plate the other day (which hasn't arrived yet) and just went out and scored a stand for $29 from my Telstra store. I'll give my thoughts on which is better once the plate arrives.

So far I've got one problem with the stand. I want it to launch the alarm app through nfc but it isn't listed in the list of apps in the settings page. Kind of annoying. Other than that it seems pretty nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234