Phones not informing me of app updates?

krazy_kaktus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just realized my phone stopped telling me when I have apps that have updates available to down load. I have to manually go to the store, search for the app and see if there is a update?! Anyone have this problem. I have Verizon HTC 8x.

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't, rebooting your phone could always help, but typically updates are rolled out across the Windows Phones so you may not get updates immediately.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just realized my phone stopped telling me when I have apps that have updates available to down load. I have to manually go to the store, search for the app and see if there is a update?! Anyone have this problem. I have Verizon HTC 8x.
This is a bug, that is affecting many users across all OEMs....

I haven't received an update notification for about 3 weeks now, and have to manually search to update apps.
MS are aware of the issue, and there are a few threads on these forums with people having the same issues, plus all the things they've tried to resolve...

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
There are some real issues with the app store. Mine is in French, while my phone uses English with Swiss German settings. In a real dummy in charge there that has no clue if what is going on in the rest of the world. I feel that Steve Ballmer is being soft on his team leaders. Dear Steve, Enzo fired his lead engineers more than once and gave the job the younger or more experienced people. Sometimes he hired former people back. Do something!

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You know, MS did in fact setup a store for Liechtenstein, even so they have a customs union with the Swiss, use the same money and only use Swiss issued credit cards... All they had to do was to handle Liechtenstein like Switzerland and accept +423 as a Swiss alternative phone country code the user can select...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise