When is the best time for recharging my Lumia 920 phone?

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, as a general advice I was told years ago that you should wait for an electronic device to be completely empty before you start recharging it.

Specifically what I trying to know is whether I should wait for my Lumia 920's battery to get empty before hooking it up to the charger (regular wall charger) or it s also OK to recharge it at anytime without worrying to end up with a messy battery after a while.

Thanks.

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
>whether I should wait for my Lumia 920's battery to get empty before hooking it up to the charger
Actually, it is bad for a lithium battery.

I always charge my phone via the computer usb port

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The best time to recharge? Overnight. Just plug it in every night before you go to bed. As was stated before, letting it die is bad for the battery life. Although I do tend to let mine drain to 10% or so once every couple of months and then fully recharge. Doesn't harm battery life too much but it does recalabrate the battery display so it is more accurate.

Been doing this for years with every phone I've had and it works out fine. I read that most li-ion batteries have 3000 charges before they lose more than 80% viability. A charge is from 0-100%. Most people will upgrade phones before they see any real degradation.

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. Now I will recharge my phone at nights without worrying to damage my phone's battery. Beside I will always have a phone with enough battery to have fun with during the day.

This forum is a star.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05