Won't stay off while plugged in to power

Traxan

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the oddest quirks I've ever seen in a smartphone. If I power off the phone but leave it plugged in, it immediately restarts the phone. Why does it do this? I could power off the iPhone, leave it on the power cable, and it stayed off. This is just.. crazy.

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Phone. This has been a consistent characteristic of the Windows Phone OS, at least for the couple of years I've used it. As far as I know, there is no way keep the phone powered down while charging.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya, its always been that way. Not sure why you would want it off while charging. Doubt it will charge that much faster.

Most people just charge at night, maybe he doesn't want texts or calls or emails or game notifications or...etc
...to come through.

Maybe he has an alarm clock.

I don't worry about that and I don't own an alarm clock...maybe he does...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
That's how it's been, but I've learned to put it on airplane mode, which charges almost as fast as having the device off.

Traxan

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
What's remarkable is when I plug it in in the morning, it has lost almost 20% of its power while off! Incredible battery inefficiency.

arjeel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I once read that this was due to the fact that the OS is in command of the charging process, therefore it must be running while it is plugged in. It may or may not be true but it seemed credible when I read it. This was back in the WP7 days.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I once read that this was due to the fact that the OS is in command of the charging process, therefore it must be running while it is plugged in. It may or may not be true but it seemed credible when I read it. This was back in the WP7 days.

Interesting, is this the case for W8 tablets?

Zinoka

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The reason you want the phone to power down while charging is to extend the life of your battery. It's kind of like not letting your phone die completely, because it effects the functionality of your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss