Lag when saving media to SD Card

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I was browsing through the forums when I saw this post:
do you have an issue with the SD card when recording 1080p video directly to the SD card? In my case the camera app often crash and even if I succesful the playback is choppy and jumpy, not smooth at all. Also when I take picture directly to SD card, sometimes after I click the shutter button to focus and take the picture the camera so slow, like a very slow processor
I'm sorry for my bad english :p

Any of you guys experiencing this issue? I'm experiencing it on my Black L820. Saving to the phone doesn't affect the playback experience, while saving to SD card makes playback choppy.

okkyraditya

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
yeah this is the only issues i have so far, it's fine recording 720p to SD card, but not 1080p, the playback is choppy and jumpy, unwatchable at all
I'm pretty sure it's not SD card problem since i insert it into my galaxy s3 and it's recording 1080p video just fine
I don't know if it's Nokia issue or WP8 issue, I hope this issue will be fixed soon with firmware update

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the lag issue on hd movies too but I have lowest class sd card so no complaining here. Will get better one next week and report how it went.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally have a Class 4 SD Card (found out after I posted), but another user has a Class 10 and experiencing the same issues.

I hope it's a software bug. I can't take the next photo without waiting 3-4s for the photo to finish processing/saving.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My L810 is working pretty good, 1080p videos to my 32 SD card play back just fine. The camera isn't all that bad either I took some pics yesterday morning and they came out pretty good. The only issue I have is 1080p videos not uploading to Skydrive, that's why I got the 810 for the added storage so I don't have to worry about videos going to the server to save space.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the lag issue on hd movies too but I have lowest class sd card so no complaining here. Will get better one next week and report how it went.

I noticed that this phone has trouble with .mp4 files at higher resolutions whether it be 720 or 1080. The only way for me to get good quality playback is to let the PC convert the file to .wmv, like .ts files that are recorded from the TV to PC. My Simpsons episodes look sharp and crisp with zero stutter.

okkyraditya

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My L810 is working pretty good, 1080p videos to my 32 SD card play back just fine. The camera isn't all that bad either I took some pics yesterday morning and they came out pretty good. The only issue I have is 1080p videos not uploading to Skydrive, that's why I got the 810 for the added storage so I don't have to worry about videos going to the server to save space.
what brand is your SD card?

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an issue with recording but when playing music the Phone is unresponsive for 20 seconds if the music is on the sd card.

adamski777

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the same music playback issue as Narr, but only if its on shuffle. Selecting a particular album, or song, or artist - no problems. What I did notice that before when I used a class 6 card instead of a class 10 then the unresponsiveness was for longer. If I record 1080p onto the memory card I get bumpy videos, and as a result I have to record on the phone and then move it across. Not ideal, but what to do...

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The photo-lag is getting worst. I only have 29 photos on my SD card, but it's taking apprx 5-6 seconds to finish processing. The HTC 8X is suddenly appealing to me. No external memory woes.

Edit: 920 is too big, and 8X is going off pretty cheap here.

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with a lag and with Kingston 32GB class 10 - especially during first seconds of recording
I changed the card to Sandisk 32GB class 10 and now it works perfect - no lags even when recording 1080p video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes