Nokia Lumia 920

Andy Barker

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with the l920. Stylish phone and innovative. Just a slight concern with the battery and how long it lasts. I only seem to get about 12 hrs till its 5% left. Today at 12 was fully charged and now 6 hrs later i have used 40%. Yet ive only made one phone call for about 4 mins. The odd bit of surfing. A few face book posts and the odd little go on angry birds. Surely it cant of used 40% battery. All background tasks are off. It only checks mail every 30 mins and when mail comes in on the other account. Ive not had any emails today. Brightness is set to low automatic. Screen lock comes on after 1 minute. In still yet to get this new update for win 8 as i live in the UK on t-mobile. Hope others can help out as its an awesome phone. Far better than my iphone 4

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying the new phone! :)
As to the battery issues, how long have you had it? Many of us have had to "Exercise" the battery before it would last a full day. Odd that we should need to do this with a Li-Ion battery, but this helped me (and I've seen this with my older my Motorola [non-"Smart"] phones).
I personally had to fully-discharge re-charge the battery twice a week for a couple of weeks before getting any really good performance out of it. Mine has been off of my charger for seven hours and it is at 80% battery left. There are a bunch of free "Battery Discharge" apps in the app Store to hasten the process.

Things other people have done were switch-off 4G, Bluetooth, and the NFC (Tap & Send) to conserve battery, but I honestly haven't had to do these.

If after exercising the battery a bit and tweaking various settings, if you're still having battery issues, you may just have a bad battery. :( Take it back and exchange it for different one.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
from what i hear/read there is a patch coming within the next few weeks that would remedy that battery issue you are having, aside from that i heard turning off NFC helps alot, may be try that first
and if you have skype installed, try uninstalling it and monitor how the phone performs for a few days

Andy Barker

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ive had the l920 for just over a month. In on my second one. First one had massive apps errors. Installing and signing into them and websites. The current one i have is fine but for battery. Its just very odd that so many have different issues regarding batteries. I love the phone and windows 8. Ins all innovative unlike the recent apple or Samsung phones. Ill wait for the fix and hope that it solves the issue. I think the UK get it February. If not i cant see that t-mobile will be happy in swapping another phone. And there's no guarantee that another wo t do the same. Ive switched of the 4g transfer as i have paid to be 4g anyway. Could the WiFi charging be harming my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6