(new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Eki_13

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: (4 new Pcodes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

bad news. navifirm will only work with login credentials after 1.2.2013 :/

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: (4 new Pcodes) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

bad news. navifirm will only work with login credentials after 1.2.2013 :/

Maybe, maybe not ... there was log in and offline options in a new Product support tool for store 5.0 of NCS ... :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

On the EE firmware they have changed it from H to 3g+ in the portico update.

+1 on that. Now I have G, 3G, 3G+ and 4G options. Yes, 4G works even after portico. Not tried camera yet. But battery life was disappointing. Went from 100-7%, with battery saver on, in 8 hours.

What's very strange is even with battery saver on, Windows Phone Central and Whatsapp managed to push notifications to me on my screen. This surely did not happen in WP7.

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

+1 on that. Now I have G, 3G, 3G+ and 4G options. Yes, 4G works even after portico. Not tried camera yet. But battery life was disappointing. Went from 100-7%, with battery saver on, in 8 hours.

What's very strange is even with battery saver on, Windows Phone Central and Whatsapp managed to push notifications to me on my screen. This surely did not happen in WP7.

That's shocking battery life there. I updated last night and have pretty much similar battery to before. I assume all your settings are the same. Mines has been off charge since 10 p.m. last night and I have 48% battery left. I even used Nokia Drive for 10 minutes on the way home to make sure it still worked OK. I have only made a couple of calls today, several texts and obviously some phone fettling.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I have just updated to the EE version and going through the restore process, MS really need to sort the order the restore is done in, surely they should get you to sign into your WiFi before trying to download any settings at all, rather then downloading your settings, doing more set up and then letting you sign in.

TimInIreland

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I've just flashed mine with CV_GB.. I took a photo before doing this. Then when i was done, took another photo of the same object, with same room lighting etc... There is no difference in the photos :( I have a TP Link router on the wall, and in both photos you cant even make out the logo on the router. But the same photo taken with my iPhone5, you can read the writing.. Really disappointed.. I really wanted a reason to keep this Lumia and sell my iPhone 5... lol

TimInIreland

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I have a question about my Lumia 920... I bought it off Ebay. One of these 'unwanted upgrades'.. In the phone info, it said the Carrier was EE, but I was able to use any sim in the phone. Ive been using my Vodafone sim for a few weeks now with no problems. Have also tried an O2 sim, and a 3 sim, both worked fine. The phone also allowed me to choose the highest connection speed as 4G ( i know Vodafone etc dont have 4G yet).. But now after flashing the CV_GB to my phone, my vodafone sim still works, but ive lost the 4G option. I can now only choose 2G or 3G.

Im wondering if i were to flash the EE rom onto the phone, would i loose the ability to use my Vodafone sim? This making the phone locked to EE ?

treble3

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Yes I flashed the newest ee fw and I couldn't use my 3 sim on my sim free 920

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Two things I have noticed straight away for the EE version:

1) The H symbol in the signal strength has been replaced with a 3+ icon
2) Browsing the phone in USB mode is so much faster, previously if you had lots of folders in the music folder it took quite a while to load the list whereas now it is very quick.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That's shocking battery life there. I updated last night and have pretty much similar battery to before. I assume all your settings are the same. Mines has been off charge since 10 p.m. last night and I have 48% battery left. I even used Nokia Drive for 10 minutes on the way home to make sure it still worked OK. I have only made a couple of calls today, several texts and obviously some phone fettling.

Yeah exactly same settings. Instead I even turned off my locations this time. But Ive noticed that even in battery saver mode, my apps are getting notifications in background like whatsapp and wp Central! Not sure if anyone else noticed that.

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Just to throw it in there, I took my phone off charger yesterday at 7.30 am its now 8.39 am (next day) and I have 12% left after light-medium use, light use 9-5 at work on wifi just few whatsapp/texts and streamed a few songs on way to and from work ended with about 61% at 5pm, then at home few more texts and some streaming/browsing no games went to bed at 12.30 with 23% left woke up with 20% streamed 3 songs on way to work replied to texts and now on 12% like I said before not bad at all,, much much better than previously 1st time Ive made it to bed before battery saver mode kicked in

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Flashed my white Singapore Lumia 920 yesterday with CV_GB firmware and (fingers crossed) I'm experiencing no problems.

Oh, that's great :) If you don't mind me asking, are you experiencing better or worse battery? Also, has the camera improved at all, or was there no real change? Thanks!

GeneNZ

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Oh, that's great :) If you don't mind me asking, are you experiencing better or worse battery? Also, has the camera improved at all, or was there no real change? Thanks!

Again I don't want to jinx it, but I've had amazing battery life with my 920 since I got it (on 25th Dec). There was an instant when my "time left until next charged" showed something like 8 days of battery life left. I consistently would easily get 1 full days (24 hours) of battery life with very heavy usage. I came from a Lumia 800 which had horrible battery life, so I'm chuffed. In any case with the firmware change, I'm not seeing it any better or worse, but that's in part because I didn't have a problem in the first place.

I haven't really checked the camera. I was happy with the camera shots prior to the updates. Nor have I had any problems with random freezes or reboots. The only problem I had was with skype causing the infinite synchronisation problem. But updating skype solved that issue. Main reason I updated is primarily to get UK firmware before the Navifirm database is locked down and I start to regret not changing it.

Forum User

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

RM821 is not supported in the version of Nokia Care Suite 5 that I downloaded today (from your link)

Jed Cutler

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

RM821 is not supported in the version of Nokia Care Suite 5 that I downloaded today (from your link)

Try downloading this version Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5. Not sure if this is allowed. hehehe... If not, please delete.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss